Ionic splashscreen does not show on android

Whether using ionic emulate or run, the splashscreen does not show on android (but the icon does!). Both the icon and splashscreen show on iOS emulate and run.

Cordova CLI: 6.0.0 Gulp version: CLI version 3.9.0 Gulp local: Local version 3.9.0 Ionic CLI Version: 1.7.14 Ionic App Lib Version: 0.7.0 ios-deploy version: 1.8.4 ios-sim version: 5.0.6 OS: Mac OS X El Capitan Node Version: v4.2.4 Xcode version: Xcode 7.2.1 Build version 7C1002

I used the ionic resources method to generate the icons and splashscreens from the two source files. I know that there have been some changes over the last few versions of Cordova and Ionic and I’ve tried a number of posted suggestions from older ones. Nothing has worked, and some caused the white screen of nothingness.

So, I’m hoping by posting here, someone that knows what is required by ionic and cordova can look through the file snippets below and point to whatever is configured incorrectly.

Thanks all!
Sean

Here is the pertinent part of the resultant config.xml

<content src="index.html"/> <access origin="*"/> <preference name="webviewbounce" value="false"/> <preference name="UIWebViewBounce" value="false"/> <preference name="DisallowOverscroll" value="true"/> <preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="16"/> <preference name="BackupWebStorage" value="none"/> <preference name="SplashScreen" value="screen"/> <preference name="SplashScreenDelay" value="3000"/> <allow-navigation href="https://*.mycompany.co/*"/> <feature name="StatusBar"> <param name="ios-package" value="CDVStatusBar" onload="true"/> </feature> <platform name="android"> <icon src="resources/android/icon/drawable-ldpi-icon.png" density="ldpi"/> <icon src="resources/android/icon/drawable-mdpi-icon.png" density="mdpi"/> <icon src="resources/android/icon/drawable-hdpi-icon.png" density="hdpi"/> <icon src="resources/android/icon/drawable-xhdpi-icon.png" density="xhdpi"/> <icon src="resources/android/icon/drawable-xxhdpi-icon.png" density="xxhdpi"/> <icon src="resources/android/icon/drawable-xxxhdpi-icon.png" density="xxxhdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-ldpi-screen.png" density="land-ldpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-mdpi-screen.png" density="land-mdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-hdpi-screen.png" density="land-hdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-xhdpi-screen.png" density="land-xhdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-xxhdpi-screen.png" density="land-xxhdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-xxxhdpi-screen.png" density="land-xxxhdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-ldpi-screen.png" density="port-ldpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-mdpi-screen.png" density="port-mdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-hdpi-screen.png" density="port-hdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-xhdpi-screen.png" density="port-xhdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-xxhdpi-screen.png" density="port-xxhdpi"/> <splash src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-xxxhdpi-screen.png" density="port-xxxhdpi"/> </platform> <platform name="ios"> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon.png" width="57" height="57"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon@2x.png" width="114" height="114"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-40.png" width="40" height="40"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-40@2x.png" width="80" height="80"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-50.png" width="50" height="50"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-50@2x.png" width="100" height="100"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-60.png" width="60" height="60"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-60@2x.png" width="120" height="120"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-60@3x.png" width="180" height="180"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-72.png" width="72" height="72"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-72@2x.png" width="144" height="144"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-76.png" width="76" height="76"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-76@2x.png" width="152" height="152"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-small.png" width="29" height="29"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-small@2x.png" width="58" height="58"/> <icon src="resources/ios/icon/icon-small@3x.png" width="87" height="87"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default-568h@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="1136"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default-667h.png" width="750" height="1334"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default-736h.png" width="1242" height="2208"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Landscape-736h.png" width="2208" height="1242"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png" width="2048" height="1536"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Landscape~ipad.png" width="1024" height="768"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Portrait@2x~ipad.png" width="1536" height="2048"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Portrait~ipad.png" width="768" height="1024"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="960"/> <splash src="resources/ios/splash/Default~iphone.png" width="320" height="480"/> </platform> <icon src="resources/android/icon/drawable-xhdpi-icon.png"/> </widget>

and here are the pertinent blocks in packages.json

"cordovaPlugins": [ "cordova-plugin-device", "cordova-plugin-console", "cordova-plugin-whitelist", "cordova-plugin-splashscreen", "cordova-plugin-statusbar", "ionic-plugin-keyboard" ], "cordovaPlatforms": [ "ios", "android" ]

how about on a real device?

Using ionic run --platform=android does not show the splashscreen on the actual device. The icon is fine. Viewing the app through Ionic View shows the same behavior. The splashscreen does not display on Android only.

After further research, it looks to me like I have the required items in the config.xml. (ref. https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/dev/cordova-plugin-splashscreen/)

Also, I am referring to the splashscreen show that happens automatically at app startup. I am not using a manual call in code to show it.

Thanks for any help in this,
Sean

Ok, issue solved.

For some reason (possibly due to ionic, possibly due to cordova), using the default setting for

This causes androids to not display the splashscreen. I changed this value to 3001, and everything works.

this issue is not resolved. for me