Ionic Show: Ask Us Anything!

Hey all,

I have some slides that change after a button press.
When the collection changes, the slides update and the pager changes as
well. However, if I first change slides, then change the collection, the
pager duplicates. Additionally, if I move to the second slide, then
change the collection, the new collection is displayed but the second
slide is active. It seems like the pager is not getting reset when the
collection changes.

I have tried this :

$ionicSlideBoxDelegate.slide(0);
$ionicSlideBoxDelegate.update();

The index is reset to 0, but the number of bullet is not reset

Can you help me? Thank you

It would be interesting to have information about the future of ionic, I mean, the ionic.io platform.
Will there be other services than deploy/push/analytics/view available ? how much will they cost ? For example, at the moment, it is difficult to know if I should chose Google analytics or Ionic analytics without a clear roadmap.
Anyway, thank you for everything you already did !

Do you plan to give more place to tablet apps into Ionic ecosystem ?

• Showcase with tablet apps section
  • Ionic Lab with tablet layout
  • Custom components (split view for eg.)
  • Ionic Creator
  • Ionic View
1 Like

Hi Ionic Developers ! :slight_smile: While developing an app and having different performance issues ( I’m very glad that native scrolling is rolling out to Android by the way )
I accidentally found this http://slides.com/bahmutov/run-digest-cycle-in-web-worker.
The idea is simple, move digest cycle to the bacground thread. I’m wondering if You have considered similar idea for pushing angular to the limits on mobile devices ? When we are dealing with app that is based mostly on rendering images with some data connected to it (like comments etc) We are forced to use ng-repeat over some collections. Ofcourse sometimes we could use one-time binding and other micro optymalizations, but these are rare cases, in general we need angular data-binding (in fact it’s essential of angular, without this we colud just use any other framework ). And as wee all know, the bottle neck of angular are WATCHERS , which occupy main thread and on mobile, even small lag is very perceptible. I also aware of ionic direction towards angular 2.0, to be honest I don’t know how data-binding is organised there (i heard of some performance improvments over 1.0 ) but at this moment we all are dealing with 1.3/1.4 , maybe we can do something else about performance ?

PS: I know about collection-repeat , long story short, it is not enought flexible (especially for dynamic height or complex positioning of images )

In ionic mobile development we are using fab buttons ng-materials that are not working in android version 4.1.2 or below can you suggest what to do in these case?

it is on case of click event it is not displaying the list of of menu

Hi.
I am new to mobile app development, however, i am so interested to build an app for mobile banking which can be used in SMSE. Please, i need a guide on how to go about it.

hello sir I want to know how to do setting with css in my app ? how to know every classes of ionic

Hey Ben,

How do i ask a question or my query ?

Thanks