Ionic Serve needs an Internet connection!

Hi everyone. I just downloaded ionic-v1 trhu CLI. I tried to run it using ionic serve and it works fine!

But when I got home and tried to run ionic serve again. It says that:

Error: It appears that you dont have any external network interfaces. In order to use livereload with emulate you will need one.

That’s the error keeping me frustrated! I can’t start my project without internet connection. Please help me because we dont have internet connection in our house. Im just a poor guy wanted to learn.

NOTE: Before I already tried running ionic serve offline and it works. I just downloaded ionic-v1 last week. Maybe I think why the error is happening because of the versions of the cli? Correct me.

Here’s my ionic info:

cli packages: (D:\Ionic Projects\Blank Template\tpl-blank\node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.9.2
ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.9.2

global packages:

Cordova CLI : 7.0.1
Gulp CLI    : not installed globally

local packages:

Cordova Platforms : android 6.2.3
Ionic Framework   : ionic1 1.3.3

System:

Node : v6.11.0
npm  : 5.0.3
OS   : Windows 8.1

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t have solution for this now. But can you try steps mentioned in this question.

There is a similar issue, but not solution.

Don’t. Download the default Ionic. There is literally no reason to learn Ionic 1, unless you have a job maintaining a project that already exists.

Im not getting it. I have visited similar issues to my problem and still has no answer. Why this errors occurs

I have a project in Ionic-1. But before sir, I can run ionic serve thru offline. But know, I downloaded a fresh one and now it cannot run thru offline. I think its because of cordova version.

The error says, livereload will require network connection. I don’t have exact solution for this one right now.
I will try to find one solution (if exists) for this one. Even I require to run projects offline :grin:

I already found an answer to my problem! The ionic serve just needs an internet connection for it to run properly.

SOLUTION: Connect to any wifi even though the wifi is no internet access!

Yes! You can run ionic serve even you dont have internet access, the important thing is you must connect to a wifi!

You can use your phone as what I did! Turn-on your hotspot and connect your computer to the hotspot! That’s it!

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks Khian . you save my time