'ionic serve' is failing without an error

After weeks of development with no problems, I am suddenly having trouble serving up my App in a browser. Using ‘grunt serve’ I get an error: ‘Warning: Task “ionic:serve” failed.’ and am unable to view my app in a browser, with the ‘Connection Refused’ error showing in Chrome. If I try and run ‘ionic serve’, the node server seemingly starts, and then just stops without showing any error. I have removed and reinstalled ionic, cordova, and even npm, and have rolled back my project to a known working git commit, all to no avail. I have also tried running ‘ionic serve’ with a fresh clone of ionic-starter-tabs, also to no avail.
Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?
Thanks in advance!

Maybe you can try run node server its very esay

Looks similar to the problem I’m having. Ionic CLI unexpectedly exists Let’s k

…let’s keep eachother informed if we find a solution to this.

For sure. I haven’t found a solution yet. I tried running it with node server as @vitaly87 suggested and that worked, but it’s kind of a pain not to have the convenience of ‘ionic serve’. Think I’m gonna drop back to a previous version of ionic.

This happened to me but only when I accidentally launched ionic serve while there was already another ionic serve process running.

Yeah I’ve made sure there are no other servers running.

I’ve had the same problem a while ago. The problem was with the angular and Ionicbundle versions (I doubt it is your problem) because I fiddled around and broke everything.
So, stupid question, have you tried to run ionic serve -c and to investigate the app log? It helped me a lot.

Hey @Tyranneo, forgot to update this. I managed to fix the problem, which was caused due to upgrading Cordova, and me forgetting to set a Content Security Policy. Thanks for responding though.

I have solved the problem by re-installing bower, node and grunt completely on my Mac.

sudo rm -Rf /usr/local/lib/node_modules
cd
rm -Rf .npm .npmrc .node .node-gyp/

Then re-install nodeJS from https://nodejs.org/download/ and then:

sudo npm install -g bower
sudo npm install -g grunt-cli
sudo npm install -g cordova
sudo npm install -g ionic

And I was back on track…

Hope this helps …