Ionic-ratings : Bower component for Ionic framework applications

##Introduction:

This is an ionic-ratings bower component which can be used with any Ionic framework’s application.

View Demo

View @ GitHub

##Prerequisites.

• node.js
  • bower
  • gulp.

##How to use:

1) In your project repository install the ionic-ratings using bower
bower install ionic-ratings --save

This will install the latest version released.

2) Give the path of ionic-ratings.js in your index.html file.
<!-- path to ionic/angularjs js -->
<script src="lib/ionic-ratings/dist/ionic-ratings.js"></script>
3) In your application module inject the dependency ionic-ratings, in order to work with it.
angular.module('mainModuleName', ['ionic', 'ionic-ratings']){
 //
}
4) In your controller, please define the object which you need to pass to the directive.
.controller('ControllerName', ['$scope', function($scope) {

$scope.ratingsObject = {
        iconOn : 'ion-ios-star',
        iconOff : 'ion-ios-star-outline',
        iconOnColor: 'rgb(200, 200, 100)',
        iconOffColor:  'rgb(200, 100, 100)',
        rating:  2,
        minRating:1,
        callback: function(rating) {
          $scope.ratingsCallback(rating);
        }
      };

$scope.ratingsCallback = function(rating) {
        console.log('Selected rating is : ', rating);
      };

}])

The properties of are as follows.

a) iconOn : This is an optional property. You can give any icon from ionicons. This icon will be shown when the icon is active.

b) iconOff : This is an optional property. You can give any icon from ionicons. This icon will be shown when the icon is inactive.

c) iconOnColor : This is an optional property. You can give any color. The color format can be red or #00FF00 or rgb(200, 200, 100). This color will be shown when the icon is active.

c) iconOffColor : This is an optional property. You can give any color. The color format can be red or #00FF00 or rgb(200, 200, 100). This color will be shown when the icon is inactive.

e) rating : This is an optional property. You can pass any values starting from 0. This is the initial/default rating.

f) minRating : This is an optional property. You can pass any values starting from 0. This is the minimum value a user can select.

g) callback : This is a mandatory property. This will be called when the user selects a rating. You can get the selected rating in this callback.

5) In your template you can use like below
<ionic-ratings ratingsobj='ratingsObject'></ionic-ratings>

##CSS Classes:
You can customize font, width and height of the icons using these classes.

1) ionic_rating_icon_on
2) ionic_rating_icon_off

ionic-ratings icon on
ionic-ratings icon off

You can also use the following css class for changing the properties of each icon.

.ionic_ratings .icon {
    font-size: 50px;
  }

##Screen Shots:

Once you are successfully done with the above steps, you should be able to see the below screen shots.

ionic-ratings buttons

##Versions:

1) v0.1.0

The whole ionic-ratings component functionality has been implemented, and it can be installed with the command bower install ionic-ratings --save

##License:
MIT

##Contact:
gmail : rajeshwar.patlolla@gmail.com

github : https://github.com/rajeshwarpatlolla

twitter : https://twitter.com/rajeshwar_9032

facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rajeshwarpatlolla

paypal : rajeshwar.patlolla@gmail.com

1 Like

nice work. Can this component be disabled manually?

There is no such option to disable this component. Thanks for this idea. I will implement this feature in the next release.

Also I found that when I click a star twice, it will change to one star. I don’t know it was designed to this or a bug…

Yes, it’s part of the functionality. If you give minimum rating as 1, and if you select 4 stars first and again if you click on the fourth star again, it will select only 1 star. Because the minimum rating is 1 star.

This feture has been implemented in the new version v0.2.0. Please use this new version.

Great component @rajeshwarpatlolla. Thanks for sharing your work.

I will use it for collecting ratings, and it’s perfect. The ideal would be to be able to use it to display ratings as well; in the display use case, I need the component disabled and able to show non integer ratings, say “4.5”. If I set rating=4.5 I get this:

It does not support decimal ratings for now.

I made a project that can be used either for rating input or output and
supports 0.5 star step. It’s really primitive but I hope it is help full:

1 Like

Nice work @pepemakis. Will use it in the next iteration of the project I’m working on. Thanks for sharing your work and posting!

Hi Everyone, i am trying to list all the ionic framework plugins in a single repository. I had spent lot of time in getting all these plugins into one location, which hopefully should save so much of time of people who like to find one. I have added as many as i can. If you feel that i missed any plugin, please feel free to make a PR or raise an issue with the details of the plugin.

At https://github.com/rajeshwarpatlolla/ionic-plugins, you can find the list of all ionic plugins

Hi I am new for ionic.
I am working with ionic 2 RC0 I need star rating plugin with a support of ionic 2. could you please share the project.

This is specific to ionic v1. You can soon expect it for ionic v2 also.

very useful and geniously way to solve it haha, thanks!