Ionic Pro: Ionic Upload Error - The configured backend (pro) does not know about ionic upload

Hi,

I am trying to use Ionic Upload command but its showing me below error-

[ERROR] Sorry! The configured backend (pro) does not know about ionic upload.

You can switch backends with ionic config set -g backend (choose from pro, legacy).

Can anyone guide me about this backend thing?

Thanks in advance.

Ionic Pro is a hosted and closed source service, so there is not much we, the community, can help you with, sorry. Check these:

You can - and should - contact support at http://ionicframework.com/support#support

Well, i am not a Pro member, don’t know how it was set? Should i change it to legacy?

You don’t have to be a member, it is a free service. ionic upload is not used any more with that one, but what is described in the documentation.

I’d upgrade Ionic and sign up for Pro. It’s free if you want it to be. It’s a little challenging, getting used to the changes, but not a big deal in the end. I held out until about 2 weeks ago. It’s an improvement in ways we may not realize.

Standardization of command line terms (like using ionic cordova instead of ionic, since cordova is an integral part of the system) and other subtle things like that probably go unnoticed (by us and maybe the Ionic team too) but are a big benefit, and improve the rate at which you gain and retain knowledge.

Generally, decision making at an organizational level is guided by an I/O Psychologist (actively or somewhere down the line) who would probably have a serious understanding of cognitive psychology.

So, these changes that may seem like bad decisions or may not make sense are well thought out, planned, probably backed by tons of validity studies, and will end up being overtly positive. Things like including cordova in commands, either intentionally or accidentally, tap into theories like the neural network model of consciousness and spreading activation which is especially relevant in the realm of programming.

Sorry to rant. I like I/O Psychology quite a lot.

You’ll have a much better cognitive map in the end…

hey you found solution or not for ionic upload ?? @viveknarula

I want use ionic view without ionic git feature. Is it possible?

Go to ionic dashboad and create an app there.
Follow the instruction given there to upload

This worked for me