Ionic.Platform undefined in 1.0.0 beta 3

Sorry, if this has already been answered but I am suddenly struggling with my code. I recently upgraded my project to 1.0.0 beta 3 from beta 1 and was manually bootstrapping my app using the following code:
require( [
‘cordova’,
‘ionic’,
‘angular’,
‘app’,
‘routes’
],

function(cordova, ionic, angular, app) {
    'use strict';

var start  = function(){
        angular.bootstrap(document, [app['name']]);
    }

var device = ionic.Platform.device();
    (document.body && device) ? start() : ionic.Platform.ready(start);        
}

);

As you can see I’m using require.js. This code worked fine but after upgrading to 1.0.0 beta 3 ionic.Platform is suddenly undefined. Has something changed or is there a dependency I am suddenly missing?
Any help would be extremely appreciative. This is also my first post on this (or any) forum so apologies if I’m just being stupid. Thanks

Hey, welcome to the forum! Can you give this a try with the beta 4 or the nightly builds?

Hey, thanks for the prompt response. I spent the whole of yesterday playing around with this to no success. I have tried updating to beta 4 and the issue still exists but I think it might be a larger issue to do with require.js. Let me try and explain…

For a while now, using 0.9.xx and 1.0.0 releases, I have experienced the following strange results.

• The back button not appearing when it should i.e. when navigating between pages etc.
  • Views always being animated slide-right-left no matter if you were navigating back or not.
    I always put this down to a weird quirk of the ripple emulator, which I was using. However last night I created a brand new ionic project based on the ‘sidemenu’ and in the ripple emulator both of these points were fixed. I also noticed that in my old/main project the navbar title animation was never working and the whole app appears less smooth. I tried removing all 3rd party javascript paths from app.js such as Facebook.js), thinking there may be a conflict but still the problems occurred. I have bascially been using this seed project (https://github.com/jrowny/ionic-angular-cordova-require-seed) and more precisely the exact same main.js.

Sorry for the long winded response… but has anyone else had an issue with require.js and ionic/angular or loading the individual ionic javascript files instead of the ionic.bundle.min?

Hmm, I’ve never used require.js before, but it seems that people have written about using it with angular and how they set things up.

http://thaiat.github.io/blog/2014/02/26/angularjs-and-requirejs-for-very-large-applications/

IMO, I don’t think you need require. It’s not as if you were writing a regular web app for desktop, so it seems like there would be less of a need for a script loader.

Thanks so much for taking a look at this! After battling yesterday with various scenarios, I think I was trying to be too clever for my own good.

My original idea was to have a desktop web and mobile app all using the same code with a full, responsively designed front end. However those requirements (or my expectations) have changed and I think I will just stick to a mobile app with a well structured, pure angular approach and angular modules to separate functional areas. There seems to be a few good write ups about structuring such a layout out there. Hopefully in the future I can re-use much of my code if a desktop web app is also required.

If you have tips or links to structuring or creating a mobile and desktop app that would be much appreciated otherwise thanks again for your help.

Check this one out, real world example

I also get an undefined platform into a genymotion device simulator.
I use Ionic v1.0.0-beta.8 and this code

angular.module(‘ionic.example’, [‘ionic’])

.controller('MapCtrl', function($scope,$ionicPopup,$timeout) {

ionic.Platform.ready(function(){
        var device = ionic.Platform.device();
        $ionicPopup.alert({
            title: 'Piattaforma: '+ device.platform
        });
    });

When i launch the app into the device i get an undefined message;
the plugin device is installed as you see into the screenshot

What i broken?
Thnak you in advance