Ionic package build ios --profile prod fails with cert issue

Hi!
I’m getting the following error when using my prod profile while my dev profile works fine:

=== BUILD TARGET SelfService OF PROJECT SelfService WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies
No signing certificate "iOS Development" found:  No "iOS Development" signing certificate matching team ID "64T668PXAM" with a private key was found.
Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.2'

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Check dependencies
(1 failure)
Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,/Users/package/workspace/apps-d16d884f-75/cordova/platforms/ios/cordova/build-debug.xcconfig,-workspace,SelfService.xcworkspace,-scheme,SelfService,-configuration,Debug,-destination,generic/platform=iOS,-archivePath,SelfService.xcarchive,archive,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/package/workspace/apps-d16d884f-75/cordova/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=/Users/package/workspace/apps-d16d884f-75/cordova/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

Why does package expect a certificate ios development in an ios distrubution profile?

Because you didn’t tell Ionic Package to build a Production/Release build, just to use the “prod” profile with its certificates:

ionic package build ios --profile prod --release
https://docs.ionic.io/services/package/#release-builds

Thank you, that solved my issue!

Can you tell the difference between --prod and --release?

I saw the --release build declared himself as dev

ionic package build ios --profile prod --release
✔ Retrieving security profile prod - done!
[WARN] We recommend using --prod for production builds when using --release.
Running app-scripts build:

[12:59:05]  build dev started ...

while the --prod build declared himself as prod.

ionic package build ios --profile prod --prod
✔ Retrieving security profile prod - done!
Running app-scripts build: --prod

[13:45:50]  build prod started ...

Do I need both? The --prod only build failed:

Check dependencies
No signing certificate "iOS Development" found:  No "iOS Development" signing certificate matching team ID "64T668PXAM" with a private key was found.
Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.2'

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

--prod = Production build with minimzation and stuff.
--release = Tell Ionic Package to make a release/production build.

So one is for the local build of srcto www, the other is for the ionic package execution on the server.

Yes, best results will be using both. (But you should also test first with --prod and without --release and with your dev profile to see if the --prod local build works as expected.)

(Yep, wording on this is confusing. Always think about what command is directed at what part of the code [build process vs. Ionic Package] and you should be fine)

A post was split to a new topic: Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 10.3’