Ionic not installed

Hey guys, Im running into issues using ionic, I’ve try to install ionic and I get warnings and when I try to start and app it tells me ionic: command not found. I’ve tried with and with out sudo to no avail.

wifi_stu-10-38-22-134:~ williambrown$ sudo npm install -g ionic
Password:
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.3.0: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.4.7: use uuid module instead
npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.3.3: use uuid module instead
/Users/williambrown/.npm-packages/bin/ionic -> /Users/williambrown/.npm-packages/lib/node_modules/ionic/bin/ionic
/Users/williambrown/.npm-packages/lib
└── ionic@2.2.1

npm WARN In ionic@2.2.1 replacing bundled version of cross-spawn with cross-spawn@4.0.2
npm WARN In ionic@2.2.1 replacing bundled version of mime-types with mime-types@2.0.14
npm WARN In ionic@2.2.1 replacing bundled version of semver with semver@4.2.0
npm WARN In ionic@2.2.1 replacing bundled version of form-data with form-data@0.2.0
npm WARN In ionic@2.2.1 replacing bundled version of request with request@2.51.0
npm WARN In ionic@2.2.1 replacing bundled version of ionic-app-lib with ionic-app-lib@2.2.0
wifi_stu-10-38-22-134:~ williambrown$

these are the warnings I’m getting any help would be great.

You are bound to get some installation warnings due to some packages of packages of the ionic package (yo dawg…) not using the latest available version. For development, if not for production as well, you should be ok ignoring the warnings you posted.

Now the “ionic: command not found” message is weird. Try

sudo npm remove -g ionic cordova

and then

sudo npm install -g cordova ionic

then reboot for good measure and see if you can run ionic --help to verify that it is working.

I’m going to keep pimping nvm every time I see problems like this. There is never any need to run node as root.

@rapropos TIL, thanks.

Thanks for the help, but this did not fix the issues… Any other ideas?

Thanks for you time.