Ionic inAppBrowser end of life on July 1, 2024

Currently I’m using ionic 6 where I’m using the ionics inAppBrowser plugin to open the webView.
But recently there’s a notification on InAppBrowser Plugin | Launch an In-App Web Browser on Ionic which says that inAppBrowser has reached it’s limit and its EOL will be July 1, 2024.
I’m using folliwing inAppBrowser :

import { InAppBrowser } from ‘@ionic-native/in-app-browser/ngx’;

According to notification given in the link InAppBrowser Plugin | Launch an In-App Web Browser on Ionic,

will end on July 1, 2024 but in support policy there’s different story.
Can someone please elaborate currently we are in which stage of EOL and what alternatives we can use for the inAppBrowser?

That link where the EOL notice is, is for @ionic-enterprise/inappbrowser. That is a different plugin from cordova-plugin-inappbrowser, which is what you are using, despite you say you are using @ionic-native/in-app-browser.
But @ionic-native/in-app-browser is not a Cordova plugin, is just a wrapper for making cordova-plugin-inappbrowser easier to use from typescript.

Nevertheless, @ionic-native has been deprecated for almost 3 years and replaced with @awesome-cordova-plugins, you should stop using @ionic-native/in-app-browser and start using @awesome-cordova-plugins/in-app-browser (also core and any other @ionic-native package you use.

cordova-plugin-inappbrowser belongs to Apache foundation, not to Ionic.

3 Likes

@julio-ionic Thank you for the quick response. I’ll look forward to use @awesome-cordova-plugins/in-app-browser.