Ionic-img-viewer doesn't work - lot of warning

Hi to everyone. I’m trying to follow this tutorial from ionicacademy https://ionicacademy.com/building-ionic-image-gallery-zoom/ but I have a problem with npm install --save ionic-img-viewer . I’m trying to build a gallery in my app and this tutorial it’s the best that I’ve found for my needs.

If I try to install it, it retrieves a lot of warning that I don’t understand and I’m not able to understand if this is correctly installed or not.

What I must install before img-viewer?

SOLVED:
I solved doing npm i rxjs@5.5.2 and npm i ionic-img-viewer@2.8.0

Hello,
it seem it is installed. Try it.
If it isn’t working take a look to package.json, what version of ionic-angular is installed.

For understand versioning in package.json this helps.

Best regards, anna-liebt.

Hello,

additional.
If you are using an editor like vs-code, then there extension that helps dealing with versions in package.json.

Best regards, anna-liebt

thank for your reply. If I continue with the tutorial, when insrc/app/app.module.tsi put
import { IonicImageViewerModule } from 'ionic-img-viewer'; and IonicImageViewerModule
if I run my app with ionic-serveI have a new error
Senza titolo 1

I tryed to reinstall rxjs but nothing worked!

Hello,

the errors says that maybe an import is missing anywhere of rxjs.

If you member og ionicacademy, you can maybe ask somebody there.

I have took a look to your link.
As it looks not to be maintained component.

Maybe you are looking for a better maintained component with full access to it.

Best regards, anna-liebt

No I’m not a member of ionicacademy, I’m not a professional developer, I’m using ionic for a university project.

what do you mean with " it looks not to be maintained component" ?

Hello,

it looks that at the time the article wrote, it maybe works at his configuration, but never updated again. The comments are telling from problems, but never answered.

Can you take a look to your package.json, what rxjs is installed?

Best regards, anna-liebt

I solved doing npm i rxjs@5.5.2 and npm i ionic-img-viewer@2.8.0
I would like to thank you for your time :slight_smile: