Ionic cordova ios build is not adding any files to the www folder

Hi, I have been having a problem with a component I use in the Ionic application, which only happens when running on iOS. They have a sample Ionic app I want to reproduce in; it is still Ionic 4.

So I just need to add Cordova ios to it, so I have done the ionic cordova platform add ios etc,and I can build with no errors using ionic cordova build ios

However when I run the emulator, I just get the ionic icon showing, and looking in the output I see it is not finding the entry index.html. I then see the www folder in both the ios cordova app, AND the www in the project root are both empty of the application build files.

But it is building something, and I can run in ionic serve, so I wonder where on earth the built .js files could be?

Thanks in advance for any help

hi @peterjc can you please share the output if ionic info?

Yes, here is Ionic info.

Globally I have Ionic 6 CLI, but I am trying to use another third party component sample project to try to reproduce a bug I am getting.

I want to use Cordova, as my project still uses it.

Ionic:

Ionic CLI                     : 6.20.1 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/@ionic/cli)
   Ionic Framework               : @ionic/angular 5.0.7
   @angular-devkit/build-angular : 0.1000.8
   @angular-devkit/schematics    : 14.0.4
   @angular/cli                  : 10.0.8
   @ionic/angular-toolkit        : 2.3.3

Cordova:

Cordova CLI       : 11.0.0
   Cordova Platforms : ios 6.2.0
   Cordova Plugins   : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.2.0, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 5.0.0, (and 3 other plugins)

Utility:

cordova-res : not installed globally
   native-run  : not installed globally

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1 (/Users/development/Library/Android/sdk)
   ios-deploy        : 1.11.4
   ios-sim           : 8.0.2
   NodeJS            : v16.15.0 (/usr/local/bin/node)
   npm               : 8.5.5
   OS                : macOS Monterey
   Xcode             : Xcode 13.3.1 Build version 13E500a

Maybe missing the copy script in your package.json? Can you share it as well?