Ionic builds apk for hours

i tried run the cordova run android command few hours ago, it started by generating dots but untill now it is still generating dots. Anyone can help?
here is the ionic info
global packages:

Cordova CLI : 7.0.1 

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 1.3.7
Cordova Platforms  : android 6.2.3
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.3.0

System:

Node  : v8.1.2
OS    : macOS Sierra
Xcode : Xcode 8.3.3 Build version 8E3004b 
npm   : 5.0.3

@rlwt
This is quite comman thing at the start.
It actually downloads the gradle.
What you can do is download the gradle manually, just follow the below steps:

1. Goto platforms\android\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties

2. Check the gradle version it is trying to download.

3. Download it manually

4. Paste the downloaded zip in platforms\android\gradle

5. Then in platforms\android\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties change the last line to distributionUrl=…/gradle-2.14.1-all.zip (Of course put your downloaded gradle version)

6. Open file platforms\android\cordova\lib\builders\GradleBuilder.js (NOT GenericBuilder.js)

7. Some where on line 202: change code to var distributionUrl = ‘…/gradle-2.14.1-all.zip’ and comment the rest of the things in the line

Thats it!!!
You may find it lil hectic… but it works great… You’ll get used to it after building 2-3 projects… :slight_smile:

i did use ionic to build apps for quite sometimes already, it works great a week ago but this just happens with the recent update of ionic.

@rlwt
May be previous versions are smart enough to find already downloaded gradle and newer versions are not. May you can give my advice a try.

Thanks for your reply @arnoldparge, i will try it. :slight_smile:

Can you please post your ionic info inside the project that is causing problems?

i solved by update my android SDK. thx mate