Ionic 4 Sendgrid for Contact Us Page

I’m trying to use Sendgrid (mailing service) for my contact page in my app. But… I’m not sure how… I think I’m close. Can anyone help me?

This is the code when the user hits the submission button…

async submit(form: NgForm) {
    this.submitted = true;

if (form.valid) {
      this.supportMessage = '';
      this.submitted = false;

const toast = await this.toastCtrl.create({
        duration: 3000

const sgMail = require('@sendgrid/mail');
        sgMail.setApiKey(process.env.SENDGRID_API_KEY);
        msg = {
          to: 'test@example.com',
          subject: 'Sending with Twilio SendGrid is Fun',
          text: 'and easy to do anywhere, even with Node.js',
          html: '<strong>and easy to do anywhere, even with Node.js</strong>',
        };
        this.sgMail.send(msg);

});
      await toast.present();
    }
  }

MailErrors

I also added a picture so you could see the error.

Sorry if I’m wasting your time over something that’s simple.

Hope you can help :slight_smile:

No you are not close. You should maybe learn typescript basics a bit, because you are trying to import/require stuff at the wrong place. Also the whole Stuff where you define the msg etc. is at the absolute wrong place as you are in the ToastController?

Thank you so much for your reply!!! I didn’t realize i put it inside the ToastController :flushed: I don’t get any red problems when I move it outside. The new error is "cannot find name ‘require’ and “cannot find name ‘process’”. Thanks for your help! If you have any more suggestions, they are also welcome :slight_smile: I’ll look into learning typescript too, thank you!

In the end, I couldn’t find out how to get SendGrid working with ionic :frowning:

But, for someone else looking for something similiar (not the same though), I got back4app (back4app.com) working with my contact us page and with my sign-up page! It was simple and quick, i highly recommend using it for someone who is a beginner like me!

Hope this helps someone!