Ionic 2 push register not working for iOS 10?

Is there a problem with iOS 10 that prevents push registration of the device using ionic 2? I have set up a simple test project following the documentation at https://docs.ionic.io/services/push/ which works fine with Android but no love with iOS 10. Knowing the immediate response will be to question whether I’ve set up the Apple development certificates correctly, let me outline the exact steps I have taken which hopefully help to isolate the issue:

1. Created new ionic 2 project.
  2. Added to ionic.io
  3. Added phonegap-plugin-push plugin (with sender ID for Android, set up in FCM)
  4. Created Apple development certificate
  5. Created Apple push notification development SSL certificate
  6. Created Apple provisioning profile (development) - my iPhone device already registered
  7. Ionic.io - created development security profile, uploaded APN credentials, iOS app build credentials)
  8. ionic run android (on local device just to test - works perfect, push registers fine).
  9. ionic package build ios --profile dev (to build the .ipa - as I am working on Windows)
  10. Download and install the ipa to my iphone - no glory, see below…

The code in my home.ts for the simple test is:

this.push.register().then((t: PushToken) => {
	  return this.push.saveToken(t);
	}).then((t: PushToken) => {
		this.token = t.token;
	}, error => {
		this.token = "error: " + JSON.stringify(error);
	});	

…which again, works fine in Android and displays the device token but in iOS 10 the follow error is shown:

error: {“line”:58550,“column”:42,“sourceURL”:“file///var/containers/Bundle/Application/E9242DE1-583B-473E-80CA-18431E24AE48/testProject.app/www/build/main.js?ionicCachebuster=45590”}

I would really appreciate any feedback to help with this. As I’m working on Windows I don’t have Xcode and so this is further complicated by not having a way to view real time console log for debugging (hence the reason you see me catching the error and assigning to a variable which I am then displaying in the home.html output).

Please help! :slight_smile:

Has anyone else been able to get push notifications working on an iOS 10 device using $ ionic package build ios?

Whats the current status on this topic? I can’t get it to work either. I have almost the same error message just different line and column. Can’t figure out whats the problem.