Ion-select showing ion-radio warnings in console Ionic 7

I just upgraded to Ionic 7. So far so good but I’m just wondering if we are using the proper formatting for ion-select. I’m getting this error even though I updated the labels inside the ion-select:

[Ionic Warning]: ion-radio now requires providing a label with either the default slot or the “aria-label” attribute. To migrate, remove any usage of “ion-label” and pass the label text to either the component or the “aria-label” attribute.

Example: Option Label
Example with aria-label:

<ion-select
                    label="Personnel"
                    labelPlacement="stacked"
                    placeholder="Select a person"
                    interface="popover"
                    [(ngModel)]="selectedPerson"
                    (ionChange)="personSelected($event)">
                    <ion-select-option *ngFor="let person of personnelDropDown" [value]="person">
                      {{ person.fullName }}
                    </ion-select-option>
                  </ion-select>

I noticed when opening the ion-select these warnings appear in the console. I’m thinking this is a bug but just writing here to be sure.

5 Likes

any resolution or input on this? hitting the same warnings upgrading to ionic 7, which seem weird because i’m also only using ion-select. I noticed a bug report and it seems possibly related to interface=“popover” - bug: `ion-select` with popover interface shows warnings when opened · Issue #27071 · ionic-team/ionic-framework · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks, Just saw the bug report too and it looks like they are working on it as per Sean. It’s been almost two months though, so I’m not sure how long it will be