Install all the dependencies from a new computer to resume work

Hi,

I’ve got a new computer today and I am trying to install all the dependencies that I had in my Ionic project in my old computer.

I managed my code via github, so first I downloaded everything from github and did
’npm install’ for package.json
’sudo npm install -g cordova’
‘sudo npm install -g ionic’
‘sudo npm install ios-sim -g’
‘sudo npm install ios-deploy -g’
‘cordova plugin add ionic-plugin-keyboard’

but I believe I had more cordova plugins or such… where can I see the list of it and do 100% sync match with the project in my old computer - install?

thanks,

1 Like

Your package.json should have all the plugins you are using listed. so you could do:

ionic state reset

That should pull down your plugins, platforms, etc. I generally do a “npm install” and “bower install” after running that command to make sure I have all the other bits I need.

1 Like

hmm I get error on “bower install”

as follow,

bower EMALFORMED Failed to read /Users/Home/Documents/codes/talkipia_m/bower.json

Additional error details:
Unexpected token }

and this is my bower.json

{
  "name": "HelloIonic",
  "private": "true",
  "dependencies": {
  "angular-bindonce": "~0.3.3",
  "angular-moment": "~0.10.3",
  "roboto-fontface": "~0.4.3"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
  "ionic": "driftyco/ionic-bower#1.0.1",
  "ionic-service-core": "~0.1.10",
  },

}

You bower.json isn’t valid. You have an extra “,” before your closing “}”

hmm it still does that… same error without the ‘,’ at the last part.

ionic state has been removed as of CLI 3.0.

It is recommend to use Cordova directly to manage Cordova plugins and platforms. The following commands fulfill the old ionic state functionality:

`ionic cordova platform save`   | save existing installed platforms to config.xml
         `ionic cordova plugin save`     | save existing installed plugins to config.xml
         `ionic cordova platform --help` | view help page for managing Cordova platforms
         `ionic cordova plugin --help`   | view help page for managing Cordova plugins
         `ionic cordova prepare`         | install platforms and plugins listed in config.xml