Inline video in Ionic View

Hey Guys,

I’m pretty new to Ionic so please bear with me.

I’m building an app that needs to play video inline. I’ve added the webkit-playsinline attribute to my video, and I’ve added the following preferences to config.xml:

<preference name="AllowInlineMediaPlayback" value="true" />
<preference name="MediaPlaybackRequiresUserAction" value="false" />

To preview my app, I’m using Ionic View on iOS 8.4. The issue is that the video doesn’t play inline, and it still shows the default controls.

Is this a limitation with Ionic View, or am I doing something wrong?

This is because of how view is setup. Ionic view it self is an ionic app, so your app is inheriting the settings from ionic view.

I see.

Would it then make sense for those two preferences to be part of Ionic view? Those preferences wouldn’t have any affect for people who didn’t need them, but without them it’s limiting for people like me who are developing video-heavy apps.

It’s possible, I’ll tim about it since he made ionic view and would know in better details

So I just uploaded one of my test apps to ionic view. I am using ngVideo to play videos --> it plays perfectly within ionic view, if it helps.

Updated: I missed the ‘inline’ keyword. If you are looking at playing inline (ala Facebook app etc) then my apologies - my post is not relevant

@mhartington Thanks heaps mate, I’ve also opened an issue on github - perhaps that’s a better place to track this kind of stuff. https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-view-issues/issues/126

@pliablepixels I was about to go try ngVideo, but yeah that’s it - I’m looking to play video inline. I’ve got some really short video that will end up playing automatically when a view is loaded. I know that it probably won’t work on android anyway, but at least it’ll be nice to have this functionality on iOS.

Thanks heaps for the responses guys!

Is there any progress about this issue, I am facing the same problem :weary:

Any Progress to this issue? i Really need to know

I’m having this problem even when I view my App via XCode. The video still opens up in full screen mode!

Any progress to this action?

have you solved that problem? help me

After adding, we run the config again : cordova prepare . The problem is solved :smiley: