I screwed up my project with npm update

Hey,
I am working on a project I totally screwed up today :frowning:
It’s an Ionic project connected to a meteor-server/database. I started more or less one year ago and was really close to the end now.
Today I had the great idea to do an npm update and I guess also an npm update -g.
And now I can’t get my project running again. The real problem is, that I have no idea how up-to-date my package.json-files are and so I don’t know which versions were installed before. But I think I was working on version 2.0.0.rc.2, as my package-file says so for ionic-angular. Unfortunately I can’t get this exact version for ionic from npm anymore.
So, I do not really have the knowledge to upgrade my whole project to the newest version, especially because my biggest problems is the configuration. I used one from the Meteor-Tutorial and was happy that everything was just working out.
Do you think it’s better for me to start-over with a new project and transfer my code to it and pray that most of it will work? Or do you think someone of you can have a look on it and fix it in … let’s say … one hour that it will run on the old version again? I am really helpless, I have no idea what I can do now. So I am really thankful for any kind of help.

If anyone of you is willing to help me I can share the git-repo with you.

What’s your ionic info?

Now it is
Cordova CLI: 6.3.1
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-rc.5
Ionic CLI Version: 2.0.0
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.0.0

But can’t say what it was before… I wasn’t on Ionic2 stable, but I can’t get back to the RCs, npm doesn’t offer them

There’s probably more to that output. Node version, npm version, etc.

My current versions are

/home/sos/.npm-global/lib
├── angular@1.5.8
├── cordova@6.4.0
├── ionic@2.0.0
├── jshint@2.9.4
├── npm@5.6.0
└── tsd@0.6.5

but they already changed often today as I tried to get it run again …

“dependencies”: {
"@angular/common": “2.1.1”,
"@angular/compiler": “2.1.1”,
"@angular/compiler-cli": “2.1.1”,
"@angular/core": “2.1.1”,
"@angular/forms": “2.1.1”,
"@angular/http": “2.1.1”,
"@angular/platform-browser": “2.1.1”,
"@angular/platform-browser-dynamic": “2.1.1”,
"@angular/platform-server": “2.1.1”,
"@ionic/app-scripts": “0.0.38”,
"@ionic/cloud-angular": “^0.8.0”,
"@ionic/storage": “1.1.6”,
"@types/cropperjs": “0.0.23”,
"@types/leaflet": “^1.0.53”,
“accounts-base-client-side”: “^0.1.1”,
“accounts-password-client-side”: “^0.3.2”,
“angular2-meteor-accounts-ui”: “^1.0.0”,
“angular2-moment”: “^1.0.0-beta.6”,
“babel-runtime”: “^6.18.0”,
“cropperjs”: “^1.0.0-beta.1”,
“ionic-angular”: “^2.0.0-rc.2”,
“ionic-native”: “2.2.6”,
“ionicons”: “3.0.0”,
“leaflet”: “^1.0.3”,
“meteor-client-side”: “^1.3.4”,
“meteor-node-stubs”: “^0.2.4”,
“meteor-rxjs”: “^0.4.4”,
“meteor-typings”: “^1.3.1”,
“moment”: “^2.16.0”,
“rxjs”: “^5.0.0-beta.12”,
“zone.js”: “^0.6.21”
},
“devDependencies”: {
"@ionic/app-scripts": “^0.0.38”,
"@types/chai": “^3.4.34”,
“awesome-typescript-loader”: “^2.2.4”,
“typescript”: “2.0.8”,
“typescript-extends”: “^1.0.1”
},

That super old Ionic CLI is probably not helping. I would advise you to upgrade to a current, modern version and see what ionic info returns then. Should work with the super older ionic-angular project.

Releasing something with a RC version would be a really bad idea anyway, so take it as an opportunity to update to something a bit more stable.

I found an old backup of my project folder and was now able to copy the node_modules folders form there into my current project.
The ionic-app is now running again, but the meteor-sever can’t find the module linked via an alias.

I had this problem one year ago as well. The strange thing is now, that in the backup-folder meteor finds the file and in the current project folder not. I checked the versions and they are more or less the same. Can you tell me which packages are influencing the webpack configuration and can screw up aliases? Or where else I can look for differences?
Another option I consider now would be to copy my whole code into the backup folder :slight_smile:

Of course I should upgrade to newer versions, but this is an university project nobody will ever use. I am/was really close to the end (about 2 weeks), so I really want to avoid to upgrade and migrate everything now.

Yeah, today it’s the other way around. The server is running, and also the app seemed to be running but it can’t connect to the server. An 2days-old version on my phone can connect to the server without problem So there is something with the ionic app. But at this point I really have no idea any more… The app doesn’t send any requests when I click the login button and the server doesn’t response with any error…

Another update…
In the incognito-tab of chrome or in another browser it’s working now…
On the phone of my girlfriend it’s working aswell.

In my normal chrome-tab it’s not working and on my phone neither.
I tried to clear cache/localstorage for chrome and cleared data on the phone, without positive results.
Any idea where something can be stored that isn’t deleted with mentioned operations?
Thanks

Ionic storage icm sqlite plugin

See docs