I am building an app for android and ios using Ionic.Can anyone guide me how to write custom plugin for a usb barcode scanner for android platform?

I am building an app for android and ios using Ionic.Can anyone guide me how to write custom plugin for a usb barcode scanner for android platform?I am using a infrared usb scanner,and I have build an app for android with that scanning and returning a string in a textview.Now I need to write a plugin in cordova so that I get the scanned code in success call back…

You can scan barcodes using your ionic app - why do you need an external barcode scanner and deal with USB?

As per requirement we are not supposed to use barcode scanner using camera which is there in ionic.we have one usb scanner and bluetooth scanner which I have used in the ionic app by writing custom plugins…

i would you be able share what plugin you wrote for bluetooth scanner

Have you got the solution? I have the same problem.

I wrote a custom plugin and the scanner itself has an android sdk,which was exposing method to returned the scanned code so my plugin basically wrote a javascript method to get the scanned code from android native part.

Can you post a sample of your custom plugin explaining how to transfer data from native to JavaScript

Is there any GitHub link? If any can you please share the link?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi Umesh,
Due to company policy,I cannot share you the link but
will share snippets of the code,hope it helps.

Yes, it will work. Please share the snippets of the code.

Thank you for your help.