I’m trying to find the best way to make sure all the developers working on the Ionic App project are using the same version of Ionic and Cordova. In other words I want something like this
- I specify a required version of Cordova and Ionic for the project
- My co-worker clones the repo and runs ionic build
- If he has versions of Cordova or Ionic installed that differ from what is required then he has an error in command line.
I haven’t found any clue so far on how to achieve that. Can anybody jump in and suggest how to achieve that?
Here is what I’m thinking of:
- Installing Ionic and Cordova locally and track them in git repo. Though local installation will make us troubles in using CLI (since no global installation)
- Specifying version dependencies in package.json. However I haven’t found what would be a correct place to put them (devDependencies?)