Horizontal bouncy scrolling in android

Hi there!

so I’m very new to Ionic, and cordova in general actually, so please bare with me if this comes out is a n00bish question…

After a bit of testing, I’ve come to the conclusion that Ionic is capable of ‘bouncy’ scrolling vertically, but not horizontally. I see from the documentation, that the ion-content directive has a “has-bouncing” property, though the directive itself is not capable of horizontal scrolling (atleast using the “ionic scroll method”).

Interestingly enough, the ion-scroll directive seems to support horizontal scrolling, though it does not have a setting relating to “has-bouncing”, thus on android, does not do that nice bouncy scrolling effect while scrolling the x axis. sadface!

other than implementing our own scrolling (like iScroll…cough), is there any way that ionic can achieve bouncy horizontal scrolling on android (4.1+)?

I just put this sample : http://codepen.io/calendee/pen/HIuft in a local app and ran on iOS and Android. Sure enough, iOS has bouncy horizontal scroll.

Android 4.2.2 does NOT have bouncy horizontal scroll either.

It doesn’t work in Beta 2 or 3.

If you’d like this, open a feature request on GitHub for it.

done!