What are the pros and cons of Google Analytics and Firebase Analytics?
Which one are you using, and why?
So far, I think I have figured this out:
- possibility to share access to a specific GA property (without having to share anything else)
- track events, just like you would do with a website (“trackEvent”)
- no “audiences” feature as in Firebase Analytics (except for GA segments)
- “audiences” feature that integrates well with other Firebase features (e.g. push notification to a target audience)
- easy integration with Ionic Native plugin (“logEvent”)
- no way of sharing access to analytics, without exposing the rest of Firebase
Is my understanding correct, or am I missing something?
Does the difference boil down to the “audiences” feature and the different ways of sharing access to the analytics data, or are there other key differences?