Get push notifications from Parse.com

Hi all,

I’ve been looking for a way to enable my app to receive push notifications (not interested in sending them). I’ll be using Parse for this.
From what I’ve searched, all the cordova/phonegap plugins that I’ve found don’t suit/don’t understand how can I register the app.

Is there any tutorial on how to use the ngcordova for push notifications with Parse ?

Thanks in advance.

Update:

Using this cordova plugin, I managed to make it work on Android “out of the box” but can’t seem to get notifications on iOS.
Both devices appear registered in Parse… Will keep investigating the issue.

I have also used this plugin but I have the same problem … The device is registered but i don’t receive notifications

What code have you used to listen on incoming notifications?

I used the same code. Basically my issue was with the certificate. Follow the parse tutorial to set the certificate

This is worked for me. and IOS is easily working with Normal Parse guide. no need any other methods.

Hi, @Chathura. I use this plugin too on ios but i get an error.

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "FBTokenInformationExpirationDateKey", referenced from:
      -[PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy cacheTokenInformation:] in Parse(PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy.o)
      -[PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy expirationDate] in Parse(PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy.o)
      -[PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy setExpirationDate:] in Parse(PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy.o)
  "_FBTokenInformationTokenKey", referenced from:
      -[PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy accessToken] in Parse(PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy.o)
      -[PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy setAccessToken:] in Parse(PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy.o)
  "_FBTokenInformationUserFBIDKey", referenced from:
      -[PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy facebookId] in Parse(PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy.o)
      -[PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy setFacebookId:] in Parse(PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy.o)
  "_OBJC_CLASS$FBAppCall", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in Parse(PFFacebookAuthenticationProvider.o)
  "_OBJC_CLASS$FBRequest", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS$FBSession", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS$FBSessionTokenCachingStrategy", referenced from:
      _OBJC_CLASS$PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy in Parse(PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy.o)
  "_OBJC_METACLASS$FBSessionTokenCachingStrategy", referenced from:
      _OBJC_METACLASS$_PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy in Parse(PFFacebookTokenCachingStrategy.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I dont know what’s the problem.
Could you help me to solve it?
Thank you

And in my android, when i build the app the error is :

cannot find symbol
        ParsePlugin.initializeParseWithApplication(this);
                   ^
  symbol:   method initializeParseWithApplication(MainActivity)

When i add import org.apache.cordova.core.ParsePlugin; AND ParsePlugin.initializeParseWithApplication(this); in MainActivity.java

Any solution? Thank you