External image not visible on android device

I would like to load an image and show it on a controller in an img tag, interestingly some images are loaded without any problem, and some cause the image to show the 404 default icon instead. All external sources are whitelisted, so that should not be a problem … I have found some differences in the header from the image server that might be the cause (i don’t really see any other difference). Here is the header for the image that does not load in android (i use android 6 for testing):

HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified
Server: ECS (vie/F3AB)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:20:15 GMT
Last-Modified: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 13:52:46 GMT
Etag: "1233570573"
Cache-Control: max-age=31536000

Accept-Ranges: bytes
Expires: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 12:20:15 GMT
X-Cache: HIT


GET /0/c/0c0c061e043ad9f3e691187160875b1c84ba282d.jpg HTTP/1.1

Host: www.example.com

Connection: keep-alive

Cache-Control: max-age=0

Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1


User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1

Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8

DNT: 1

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, sdch

Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8,hu-HU;q=0.6,hu;q=0.4,sr;q=0.2,sh;q=0.2,hr;q=0.2




If-None-Match: "1233570573"
If-Modified-Since: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 13:52:46 GMT

and here are the headers from the image which loads without any problems

HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified
Server: nginx
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:18:28 GMT
Last-Modified: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 21:49:06 GMT
ETag: "5410c752-4c2f"
Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate

Connection: keep-alive





GET /static/uploads/photo/2013/05/03/13/14/flower-108685__180.jpg HTTP/1.1

Host: w.example.com

Connection: keep-alive

Cache-Control: max-age=0

Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1


User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1

Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8

DNT: 1

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, sdch, br

Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8,hu-HU;q=0.6,hu;q=0.4,sr;q=0.2,sh;q=0.2,hr;q=0.2

Cookie: client_width=1265; _ga=GA1.2.447932829.1473941702; sessionid="eyJfbGFuZ3VhZ2UiOiJlbiJ9:1bkVZH:xDL9LgaIxhS6b1RAxjZUZwupmIE"


If-None-Match: "5410c752-4c2f"
If-Modified-Since: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 21:49:06 GMT

(I changed the domain names)

If anyone has any tip how to solve this, please don’t hesitate to comment :slight_smile:

thanks!