Does @stencil/eslint-plugin works with ESlint v8.0.0?

I’m having problems by running @stencil/eslint-plugin v0.4.0 with eslint v8.2.0.

Is this error correct?

I’ thought this error is the opposite i expect.

I never got this error with eslint v7.x.x

I got the same error from terminal too:

npx eslint --config ./.eslintrc.json src/components/mds-accordion-item/mds-accordion-item.tsx      [3d18h40m] ✹ ✚

stencil/src/components/mds-accordion-item/mds-accordion-item.tsx
  12:3  error  The @Element decorator can only be applied to class properties                 @stencil/decorators-context
  13:3  error  The @State decorator can only be applied to class properties                   @stencil/decorators-context
  18:3  error  The @Prop decorator can only be applied to class properties                    @stencil/decorators-context
  23:3  error  The @Prop decorator can only be applied to class properties                    @stencil/decorators-context
  28:3  error  The @Prop decorator can only be applied to class properties                    @stencil/decorators-context
  44:3  error  The @Event decorator can only be applied to class properties                   @stencil/decorators-context
  46:3  error  Watch decorator @Watch("opened") is not matching with any @Prop() or @State()  @stencil/no-unused-watch

Hello :wave:

@stencil/eslint does not support ESLint 8 at this time. We have a few upstream dependencies in that do not have support ESLint 8 just yet that are blocking support at this time. While I don’t have a definitive timeline for when ESLint 8 support will come, It’s something that’s definitely on the team’s mind!

For now, I would recommend using ESLint 7 if possible. Apologies for any inconvenience!

Hello, I checked if it works with ESlint v8.0.0 but unfortunately it does not work yet, but with version 7 it works, I know because I checked so I advise you to use version 7 and wait until it works with version 8, maybe it will be soon

Thanks for the infos, I’ll update eslint later when stencil linter will be compatible then.

Any progress regarding this?

1 Like