Does @stencil/eslint-plugin works with ESlint v8.0.0?

I’m having problems by running @stencil/eslint-plugin v0.4.0 with eslint v8.2.0.

Is this error correct?

I’ thought this error is the opposite i expect.

I never got this error with eslint v7.x.x

I got the same error from terminal too:

npx eslint --config ./.eslintrc.json src/components/mds-accordion-item/mds-accordion-item.tsx      [3d18h40m] ✹ ✚

stencil/src/components/mds-accordion-item/mds-accordion-item.tsx
  12:3  error  The @Element decorator can only be applied to class properties                 @stencil/decorators-context
  13:3  error  The @State decorator can only be applied to class properties                   @stencil/decorators-context
  18:3  error  The @Prop decorator can only be applied to class properties                    @stencil/decorators-context
  23:3  error  The @Prop decorator can only be applied to class properties                    @stencil/decorators-context
  28:3  error  The @Prop decorator can only be applied to class properties                    @stencil/decorators-context
  44:3  error  The @Event decorator can only be applied to class properties                   @stencil/decorators-context
  46:3  error  Watch decorator @Watch("opened") is not matching with any @Prop() or @State()  @stencil/no-unused-watch

Hello :wave:

@stencil/eslint does not support ESLint 8 at this time. We have a few upstream dependencies in that do not have support ESLint 8 just yet that are blocking support at this time. While I don’t have a definitive timeline for when ESLint 8 support will come, It’s something that’s definitely on the team’s mind!

For now, I would recommend using ESLint 7 if possible. Apologies for any inconvenience!

Hello, I checked if it works with ESlint v8.0.0 but unfortunately it does not work yet, but with version 7 it works, I know because I checked so I advise you to use version 7 and wait until it works with version 8, maybe it will be soon

Thanks for the infos, I’ll update eslint later when stencil linter will be compatible then.