Does Ionic 2 support web apps?

Hi Guys!

I am planning to create a web app with ionic 2 as it would look also awesome when accessed from phone devices. Does Ionic 2 even support web apps or has a plan to do so in the near future?

I noticed some problems with navigation, haven’t had a chance to investigate why though. The problem is that every time I want to come back to a previous page in the history it goes out from the app.

To replicate:

1. Go to http://coenraets.org/apps/ionic2-directory/
  2. Click any item from the list to show you more info about the item.
  3. Instead pressing ‘back’ in the app, go back using your browser back button.

The app never comes back to the initial page. Same happens when repeating this scenario from a mobile phone. What’s going on?

Thanks
Chris

The developers have stated that support for “Web Apps” is a top priority for Ionic 2. However, I have not yet found an example of how one accomplishes this.

I am so very tempted to adopt Ionic 2 for a new project, but I must be able to roll this out as a web app in addition to Mobile. Worst case, I fall back to the technologies I already know (backbone, require.js) for a web only solution instead of Ionic 2.

So, can someone shed some light? Soon? :wink:

I would love to see something like this for Ionic 2:

Idk if this would help but…

I use the app both web and mobile, i just server the index html in an express api as if it was just html file, that way if a cellphone can’t handle the version required of android i deliver the web app through chrome in the browser.

Basically you can use and serve the Ionic app as if it was a web app, however at the current time you will have to configure a server to serve the necessary files and dependencies for the app to work.

As far as I know, Ionic 2 runs as a mobile website as well as an app. Obviously just without the cordova bits.