Deployed app using #prod #release, appears to get stuck on splash screen

Hi there.

I’m building an app for two specific tablet devices in our business. What we’re finding is on the older device, the app appears to get stuck on the Splash screen. Now, when I’m building / testing the app, I’ll use the ionic cordova run android --device command, the app runs on the older device fine. It’s only when I do a -prod -release that I run into this problem.

Also, when I run the device using Chrome Developer Tools, I get no console output whatsoever, it’s like the app hasn’t even gotten to that point or something.

I have ran it through debug with logcat but there isn’t really anything obvious. This is what I’m getting on logcat when the app gets stuck on the splash screen:

I/Timeline(11021): Timeline: Activity_launch_request id:com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp time:4495405
V/WindowManager( 1087): addAppToken: AppWindowToken{711789a token=Token{235b9945 ActivityRecord{2e2a75bc u0 com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/.MainActivity t44}}} to stack=1 task=44 at 0
V/WindowManager( 1087): Adding window Window{1d99a3a7 u0 d0 Starting com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp} at 3 of 12 (after Window{5d813e u0 d0 com.sec.android.app.launcher/com.android.launcher2.Launcher})
I/ActivityManager( 1087): Start proc 11831:com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/u0a167 for activity com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/.MainActivity
D/ActivityManager( 1087): Launching com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp, updated priority
D/StatusBarManagerService( 1087): manageDisableList userId=0 what=0x0 pkg=Window{1d99a3a7 u0 d0 Starting com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp}
E/Vold ( 320): Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/files/
W/ContextImpl(11831): Failed to ensure directory: /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/files
E/Vold ( 320): Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/cache/
W/ContextImpl(11831): Failed to ensure directory: /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/cache
E/Vold ( 320): Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/files/
W/ContextImpl(11831): Failed to ensure directory: /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/files
E/Vold ( 320): Failed to find mounted volume for /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/cache/
W/ContextImpl(11831): Failed to ensure directory: /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/cache
V/WindowManager( 1087): Adding window Window{10398e6d u0 d0 com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp.MainActivity} at 3 of 13 (before Window{1d99a3a7 u0 d0 Starting com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp})
D/StatusBarManagerService( 1087): manageDisableList userId=0 what=0x0 pkg=Window{10398e6d u0 d0 com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp.MainActivity}
V/WindowManager( 1087): Adding window Window{161f1333 u0 d0 com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp.MainActivity} at 3 of 14 (before Window{10398e6d u0 d0 com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp.MainActivity})
I/Timeline( 1087): Timeline: Activity_windows_visible id: ActivityRecord{2e2a75bc u0 com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/.MainActivity t44} time:4496271
D/StatusBarManagerService( 1087): manageDisableList userId=0 what=0x0 pkg=Window{10398e6d u0 d0 com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp/com.millerhomes.sitemanagerapp.MainActivity}

Does anyone have any idea what I can try at this point? Or any experience with it this?

Thank you,
bengrah

Did you make any progress with this? I’m in the same situation and can’t seem to figure out what is broken. I’m thinking it is an issue with a package but haven’t any luck yet.

I am facing the same issue.
Do you happen to see the error in Xcode console saying <allow-navigation rejected about:blank?
only happens in prod build though.
if i build my app then delete platform>ios folder and do cordova platform add ios again and launch that workspace, the app isnt stuck anymore. Only prod build causes this issue