Crosswalk Integration Beta in Ionic CLI (v1.3.2)

Heya, does anyone else experience very slow state changes even with crosswalk on the actual device? I am using a Galaxy S5 with Android 4.4.4 (which should theoretically be powerful enough) and the state changes are noticeably slow. Browser is fine…

This list is outdated and incomplete. Facebook is fixed and I’m sure a few more are also fixed and compatible…

1 Like

Is currently possible to install a targeted version of crosswalk? I need to test the latest build from the canary channel, but the CLI only gives me these few options:

Available - Crosswalk - ionic browser add crosswalk
	 Version 8.37.189.14 Published Fri Oct 10 2014 03:26:00 GMT+0200 (CEST)
	 Version 9.38.208.10 Published Tue Nov 25 2014 11:45:00 GMT+0100 (CET)
	 Version 10.39.235.15 Published Wed Dec 31 2014 13:16:00 GMT+0100 (CET)
(beta)	 Version 11.40.277.1 Published Mon Jan 05 2015 02:52:00 GMT+0100 (CET)
(canary) Version 11.40.277.0 Published Thu Jan 01 2015 08:27:00 GMT+0100 (CET)
(canary) Version 12.40.283.0 Published Mon Jan 12 2015 08:27:00 GMT+0100 (CET)

EDIT:

Ok, I modified the browser.js in the ionic npm package and added the latest canary versions to that browser list… It’s working ok apparently (compiles, etc)

Thanks for the information,

It is moving fast and I hope all plugins be fixed soon :smile:

Indeed! What has motivated me is that I needed to test the fixes for Google Maps and Facebook Connect cordova plugins… now 100% working in xwalk. We live in the bleeding edge… xD

I’m getting this same error. I already uninstalled crosswalk, reinstalled the android platform and uninstalled the app from my device, but nothing seems to work :frowning:

@mhartington do you know what this can be?

Made an issue for this I believe, I also stated how I fixed it. https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-cli/issues/255

1 Like

Hi,

I’m trying to build a ionic project with crosswalk but i cant seem to find a solution.

i run:

• ionic start myapp sidemenu
  • cd myadpp
  • ionic platform add android
  • ionic browser add crosswalk
  • ionic build android or ionic run android (to deploy to connected device)

then i check C:\git\myapp\platforms\android\build\outputs\apk

and i saw that the android-x86-debug.apk is only 3.14MB wich is wrong, it should be larger because of crosswalk… i dont have any errors on the build i dont see whats appening.

Please help, i’m fighting this for days now…

Is Crosswalk good enough for production (small app)? :smirk:

Any news of the jumpy/flicker problem related to the keyboard plugin? Do you have any bug system tracking issue to follow up?
It’s quite a problem with input fields.

Took me a minute but you can get the single build file by commenting out the
cdvBuildMultipleApks=true
line in the platforms/android/gradle.properties

Cheers

1 Like

cant do any $http requests to external urls with crosswalk, always ending up in an 404 - is this an known issue? am i doing anything wrong?

i have theese problem too

Same problem. Has anyone found a work around for this?

same problem @cyptus

the problem is easy to reproduce: just create a new ionic app and add crosswalk as explainend in the tutorial:

ionic start my_app
cd my_app
ionic browser add crosswalk
ionic run android

under the “chats” tab in your new app you can’t see any image. they are not loaded and their requests also ends up with an 404 response.

i’m using android 4.4.4 on the sony xperia z3 compact, this is what you see in chrome with the inspect tool:

okay i just found a workaround!
go to file “\platforms\android\src\org\crosswalk\engine\XWalkCordovaResourceClient.java” line 204.
just comment the return out and rebuild the app - thats all!

i’m not sure yet how to allow a url with the method “shouldAllowRequest()”, but the workaround is working fine for me.

2 Likes

it works for me too! nice work!

Hello guys ! I’ve followed the tutorial on ‘how to add crosswalk with ionic-cli’ and currently having an issue using crosswalk on my real device (however, the problem is not occurring in the browser)

1. I ran ‘ionic browser add crosswalk’ (everything worked)
  2. I did an ‘ionic run android -l -c -s’
  3. Launching fine , I can see SplashScreen and then a blank/white page (nothing else, no assets loaded and no errors) on my device.

=> However, the app does run in the browser. I’ve checked my build in (platform/android/build/outputs) which is around 29.2MB (so crosswalk is added)

Console: (from ‘ionic run android -l -c -s’)

Installing app on device…
Launching application…
LAUNCH SUCCESS
cordova process is exiting => this appears in the console when I see this white/blank page

**Edit: Looks like it is an error from my app, I’ve tried on a clean ionic project and I don’t get this white page. I’ve tried to remove crosswalk and my app is running fine … so I still don’t know why I get this blank page using crosswalk. **

Ionic CLI Version: 1.3.19