Cordova-plugin-media-capture not working on ionic upload

ionic media capture:

captureAudio, captureVideo, captureImage none of the three features are working correctly. Below is the info by running ionic info, does anyone has updated information for this plugin on ionic framework? Any help is appreciate.

Thanks

Your system information:

Node Version: v0.10.38
Cordova CLI: 4.3.0
Ionic CLI Version: 1.3.19
Xcode version: Xcode 6.3 Build version 6D570
ios-sim version: 3.1.1
ios-deploy version: 1.5.0

The cordova media capture plugin is not available on Ionic View.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. Do you know any work around to test camera and video feature?

I don’t use Ionic view so I haven’t dig into workarounds but as far as I know it’s impossible for you to use the media capture plugin on Ionic view since it’s not supported. The only thing you can do to avoid errors is to check whether the plugin is available or not (using lodash or underscore => _.isUndefined(thePlugin)).

I run ionic run android every time i need to test plugins.

So the media capture plugin can be tested over ionic run andriod command?

If you have a device, yes. I’m not sure about the emulator.

So if I plugin the IOS device and run ionic run IOS it will build to my IOS device?

Uhm… http://ionicframework.com/docs/guide/testing.html

Testing as a native app

Since we are building a native (or “hybrid”) app, we can (and should!) test it as one. There are serveral ways to do this. If you are building for iOS, you’ll need to sign up for an Apple Developer account to test as a native app on an iPhone or iPad. Unfortunately, this costs $99 per year (don’t blame us!). Once you have an account and you have set up XCode with your certificates to enable device testing, you’ll want to open the XCode project from platforms/ios/ and do your testing from XCode.

Thank you so much for the information.

Do you know if there is a best Cordova plugin to camera foreground skin or UI?

It seems that you know everything. :smile:

I hardly believe there is one. Create your own plugin or do it native.

Hey Jose have you had any luck recording with ion native camera preview?

I know that it is an old post. But I am facing an issue related to media capture plug in.Thanks in advance

I am using media capture plugin in my ionic project. The plug in is working fine in local android build apk as well as emulator. But when I commit the code and build the same ionic cloud(web) build, the build is successful but the plug in doesn’t work and is giving error plugin_not_installed. I suspect the issue could be with compatibility of media-capture plugin with Cordova CLI 9. Is there any work around for this? I have already spend too much in analysing and finding solution for this. Raised a ticket also forum. But didnt get any response till now. Expecting a response from some expert here.Thanks in advance

Hey, any updates on this topic.
We have ionic react capacitor project. One of our customer reported an issue that the image capture, audio recording and video recording features were not working in Android 13 device. But it works fine on other Android devices (below 13).

We are using the following ionic-native packages for this.
@ionic-native/media-capture": “^5.36.0”,
@ionic-native/native-audio": “^5.36.0”,
@ionic-native/streaming-media": “^5.36.0”

We came to know that the ionic.native was replaced with @awesome-cordova-plugins.
We tried this also, but didn’t worked.

Any help ?