CLI Ionic Upload: can I still use 'serve' and 'emulate' while uploading?

Hi,

I’m currently uploading a fairly large app (~500 MB), and I was wondering if I could open a new terminal window and fire up ‘ionic serve’ or ‘ionic emulate [ios|android]’ while the app is uploading.

I guess running ‘ionic build [ios|android]’ would break stuff, but can I run the two above?
Does ‘ionic upload’ use a static snapshot which does not interfere with ‘serve’ or ‘emulate’?

ionic upload takes whatever is in /www - so you shouldn’t execute anything that changes the content of that folder. Running ionic serve would probably do that.

I was under the impression that ionic builds first, then upload this build (the “iOS compiled” version if you will).

Under /platforms, it looks like a full copy of /www is made.

Trouble is, ionic upload doesn’t have a progress monitor.
My guess is once the iOS app is built, ionic is just uploading the compiled version, leaving the original /www untouched.

ionic upload does nothing related to iOS at all. It really only takes the content of /www and uploads it to Ionic servers.
As far as I know there is also no locking going on, so doing ionic upload and ionic build at the same time in two different windows has potential for conflicts, missing files etc.

To be sure you can ask this question at https://github.com/ionic-team/ionic-cli/issues