I am trying to decide on a backend for my app. Im building it for a fourth year project and hoping to release it at the end of the college year.
My use case is as follows
- The app will mostly run in the background triggering events at a given time, these events will generate data to be recorded. e.g. every tuesday I generate a set of text and the user can contribute to that or leave it
- The app must store the data locally with the option of synching to a cloud db through a subscription
- The app should work with a fitbit and store that information
- I would prefer to just sync the changes to an object
- I want to store images & video aswell
- I also want to delete information off the phone without deleting from the db to conserve local storage
- I will also be accessing said database from a website
My research had led me to using firebase becaise of its easy to use link ins with Ionic. However its abilities in offline mode have me a bit wary.Other than that I have been looking around at the likes of Backand & recently pouchDB. However I know very little about the other two so I thought I would post here looking for some advice or prior experiences with this kind of application.