Changes made to the assets folder are not being saved


#1

I’m having a strange problem.
I can not delete some folders and files that I have created inside “assets”.
Actually, I even get it, but whenever I use the commands:

ionic cordova run android
ionic cordova build android
ionic serves -l

The files I deleted are restored. This is happening with some folders, images and fonts.

If I add new files, I have no problem with them.
The problem is with some specific files and folders that I added myself during app development. Even though I override these files by others with the same name, when the app is built the files I overwritten are restoring them again.

I believe he has written a cache of those files and always restores them. No matter what I do.

Note: I do not speak English, so I had to refer to google translator. I hope you can understand the question!

Below is my configuration:

operational system:

Windows 10

package.json:

{
  "name": "app-name",
  "version": "0.0.1",
  "author": "Ionic Framework",
  "homepage": "http://ionicframework.com/",
  "private": true,
  "scripts": {
    "clean": "ionic-app-scripts clean",
    "build": "ionic-app-scripts build",
    "lint": "ionic-app-scripts lint",
    "ionic:build": "ionic-app-scripts build",
    "ionic:serve": "ionic-app-scripts serve"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "@angular/animations": "^6.0.2",
    "@angular/common": "5.0.3",
    "@angular/compiler": "5.0.3",
    "@angular/compiler-cli": "5.0.3",
    "@angular/core": "5.0.3",
    "@angular/forms": "5.0.3",
    "@angular/http": "5.0.3",
    "@angular/platform-browser": "5.0.3",
    "@angular/platform-browser-dynamic": "5.0.3",
    "@ionic-native/calendar": "^4.7.0",
    "@ionic-native/core": "^4.7.0",
    "@ionic-native/facebook": "^4.5.3",
    "@ionic-native/fcm": "^4.7.0",
    "@ionic-native/google-maps": "^4.8.2",
    "@ionic-native/google-plus": "^4.7.0",
    "@ionic-native/linkedin": "^4.5.3",
    "@ionic-native/splash-screen": "4.4.0",
    "@ionic-native/status-bar": "4.4.0",
    "@ionic/pro": "1.0.20",
    "@ionic/storage": "2.1.3",
    "cordova-android": "7.0.0",
    "cordova-plugin-calendar": "^5.1.0",
    "cordova-plugin-device": "^2.0.1",
    "cordova-plugin-facebook4": "^1.9.1",
    "cordova-plugin-fcm": "^2.1.2",
    "cordova-plugin-googleplus": "^5.2.1",
    "cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard": "^2.0.5",
    "cordova-plugin-ionic-webview": "^1.1.16",
    "cordova-plugin-linkedin": "^1.2.1",
    "cordova-plugin-splashscreen": "^5.0.2",
    "cordova-plugin-whitelist": "^1.3.3",
    "date-fns": "^1.29.0",
    "intl": "^1.2.5",
    "ionic-angular": "3.9.2",
    "ionic2-calendar": "^0.4.4",
    "ionicons": "3.0.0",
    "minimist": "^1.2.0",
    "moment": "^2.22.1",
    "rxjs": "5.5.2",
    "sw-toolbox": "3.6.0",
    "xml2js": "^0.4.19",
    "zone.js": "0.8.18"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "@ionic/app-scripts": "3.1.8",
    "typescript": "2.4.2"
  },
  "description": "An Ionic project",
  "cordova": {
    "plugins": {
      "cordova-plugin-linkedin": {
        "APP_ID": "..."
      },
      "cordova-plugin-whitelist": {},
      "cordova-plugin-device": {},
      "cordova-plugin-splashscreen": {},
      "cordova-plugin-ionic-webview": {},
      "cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard": {},
      "cordova-plugin-facebook4": {
        "APP_ID": "...",
        "APP_NAME": "Name app"
      },
      "cordova-plugin-googleplus": {
        "REVERSED_CLIENT_ID": "..."
      },
      "cordova-plugin-fcm": {},
      "cordova-plugin-calendar": {}
    },
    "platforms": [
      "android"
    ]
  }
}

#2

If you are manually modifying things under www, stop. Only change things under src.


#3

I just added new images, folders and fonts into the “assets” folder of my app. And now whenever I delete those files that I’ve added myself, they return when the app is built or compiled. That is, it no longer allows me to delete these files.


#4

I’m saying that’s not an unambiguous description.

$ find -type d -iname 'assets'

You should see a bunch of them.


#5

Disregard my last answer. That’s exactly what I was doing without realizing it. At some point I started to change things into “www”. Thank you very much for the confirmation. After rescanning the files in “src” now everything is fine! :wink: