Capacitor Splash Screen: Get rid of navigation buttons, or color them

I`m using "@capacitor/splash-screen": "^4.1.1", and this is how my initial Splash Screen looks like on Android 11. I would like to get rid of the white navigation bar at the bottom, or at least give it a useful color (it`s white on white for some reason).

Here my capacitor.config.ts

"plugins": {
      "SplashScreen": {
        launchShowDuration: 3000,
        launchAutoHide: false,
        backgroundColor: "#8da837",
        androidSplashResourceName: "splash",
        androidScaleType: "CENTER_CROP",
        showSpinner: false,
        splashFullScreen: true,
        splashImmersive: true,
        useDialog: false,
      },

Any idea what is wrong with my config? Do I have to change something in styles.xml manually? I thouht “SplashImmersive” should do the trick, but it obviously does not…

Thank you!

How does your splash screen theme looks like
<style name="AppTheme.NoActionBarLaunch" parent="Theme.SplashScreen">
or
<style name="AppTheme.NoActionBarLaunch" parent="AppTheme.NoActionBar">
?
splashImmersive will only work on the later, the first one is handled by androidx.core:core-splashscreen support library. It’s supposed to work like you want, but might be some bug on the support library.
Also, make sure you don’t have any <item name="android:navigationBarColor">someColor</item> entry in the theme neither, that could interfere.

<style name="AppTheme.NoActionBarLaunch" parent="Theme.SplashScreen">
        <item name="android:background">@drawable/splash</item>             
    </style>

I have none set. But there is this in app/buld/intermediates files values.xml and merger.xml:

<item name="android:navigationBarColor">@android:color/transparent</item>

Transparent should be ok, that’s the default color of the splash theme, but for some reason is not working.

As workaround you can change the parent to AppTheme.NoActionBar so it uses the old splash and splashImmersive works, but looks like a bug on the androidx.core:core-splashscreen library.