Building for iOS failing

I’m trying to build and test for iOS. Got my iPhone connected but the ionic run ios gets stuck. So I opened Xcode and opened the platform/ios folder and tried to build from there.

I got the following errors:

-Signing for “hello-world” requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.

and

-Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 10.2’

This is my ionic info:

Cordova CLI: 6.5.0
Ionic CLI Version: 2.2.1
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.2.0
ios-deploy version: 1.9.1
ios-sim version: 5.0.13
Node Version: v6.9.2
Xcode version: Xcode 8.2.1 Build version 8C1002

Tried to google the issue but go nowhere. Any help?
Thanks

This just means that your app is not setup with the correct signing profiles.

You’ll want to edit this section in xcode.

Could not find this page. Can you tell me how to get to it and can you tell me how it should be set?

This page is found within your xcode project. So, open up your app folder, find the platform/ios folder and open the file ending at .xcodeproj .

This screen is then found under general --> signing entry

1 Like

(I see now this was asked for Ionic 2 - I am on 1 but info I would need is possibly the same on both).

How do you deal with this error if you are trying to build with Jenkins?

I think the platform code is not under source control (by default - I think?) so when Jenkins gets the source the team is not set. Unless I’ve got something set up wrong. I can build the app fine locally after opening XCode.

Are you supposed to put some XCode files under source control after opening XCode and setting the team?

I don’t see much(any) recent info on building iOS with Jenkins and dealing with this team thing (which seems to be a recent Apple change - about 6 months ago).

I would have thought many people would be building with Jenkins and iOS ionic but I am struggling to find answers on how to set things up right for the specific combination of Ionic, Jenkins and iOS. Maybe that is not the case.

(https://dpogue.ca/articles/cordova-xcode8.html) I saw some info that Cordova had an update where you can pass though the team but I’m not sure how you get that working with ‘Ionic Build ios’ commands. Are you supposed to do something different, call cordova direct, or xcode itself with something similar?

(You should probably post this in its own thread as people/me won’t want to hijack this old thread with a new topic)

I was wondering if I should have done that.

Thank you very much for taking the time to let me know.

1 Like