Build failed, Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild

Build succeeds in new deploy-tutorial, and used to work with this app, but now ionic run iOS yields, after normal noise:

/Users/home/DD/app/platforms/ios/build/Abhyaasa.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Abhyaasa.build/Objects-normal/i386/IonicKeyboard-F8F832CB3BC6152.o
    /Users/home/DD/app/platforms/ios/build/Abhyaasa.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Abhyaasa.build/Objects-normal/i386/IonicKeyboard-344B8E7C9B5F674.o
ld: 6 duplicate symbols for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Ld build/emulator/Abhyaasa.app/Abhyaasa normal i386
(1 failure)
Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,/Users/home/DD/app/platforms/ios/cordova/build-debug.xcconfig,-project,Abhyaasa.xcodeproj,ARCHS=i386,-target,Abhyaasa,-configuration,Debug,-sdk,iphonesimulator,build,VALID_ARCHS=i386,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/home/DD/app/platforms/ios/build/emulator,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=/Users/home/DD/app/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch
ERROR running one or more of the platforms: Error: /Users/home/DD/app/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 2
You may not have the required environment or OS to run this project

I’ve already tried deleting ./platforms and reran ionic platform add ios, yielding lots of messages about existing files not being there, when they are, and not being able to delete things, etc. But I believe that’s normal noise.

Finally, the following has system info, along with what seems to be a problem with my new package setup.

~/DD/app$ ionic package list
Body: {"detail":"You do not have permission to perform this action."}

Error in package service. (CLI v1.7.13)

Your system information:

Cordova CLI: 5.4.1
Gulp version:  CLI version 3.9.0
Gulp local:   Local version 3.9.0
Ionic Version: 1.0.0
Ionic CLI Version: 1.7.13
Ionic App Lib Version: 0.6.5
ios-deploy version: 1.7.0
ios-sim version: 4.1.1
Node Version: v0.12.7
Xcode version: Xcode 7.2 Build version 7C68

Help appreciated!

Duplicated this error in standard context by creating new app with tabs template and running
ionic platform update ios. Deleting ./platforms and running ionic platform add ios fixed the problem. Looks to me like the update mechanism is somehow out of sync with platform addition.

Hi Chaynes,

I followed your way to remove the ios platform and add it back again. After that I build ios and there was no error. But when I tried to build second time, it went back to same error again(code 65 for command…).

Do you have any idea for that?

so much appreciate for any help…

No really good ideas. You’d expect the build process to be idempotent: with app code unchanged, repeated builds, at least after a successful one, should yield the same result.

I’ve found my way out of this sort of problem by trying to repeat things in a stock context such as the tabs starter template, gradually adding additional elements I’m using such as plugins. I’d be quite suspicious of any non-standard plugins. This is a process of incremental elimination and/or building up, converging between a starter template that works and your app until the problem starts (building up) or goes away (elimination). It’s tedious, but I saved a lot of time by building scripts that automate the process of creating these test configurations.

Good luck!

Thanks Chaynes. I would give it a try…

after removing that plugin (cordova-plugin-wkwebview), everything is working perfect. :smiley: