Blocker bug with $state.go navigation!

I was reluctantly convinced to give Ionic a try. I had previously been using Angular/ui.router/Bootstrap. Big mistake.

Ionic doesn’t have the same kind of modals as Bootstrap does (and I understand the reasons why). So, I attempted to implement an authentication system with a login route, an abstract dashboard route, and a dashboard.feed route. For any route requiring authentication, I call a service from the OnEnter function of the controller which checks to see if a user is already authenticated. If not, it redirects them to the login route.

From the login controller, a successful authentication calls $state.go(“dashboard.feed”). But trying to do this gives me an error:

“Error: Could not resolve ‘/feed’ from state ‘login’”

$state.go works just fine if I attempt to call a route that doesn’t require dot-notation.

This is a major, major bug. I have no idea how this could possibly be missed in a supposedly production-level framework. Need a fix asap or I’ll have to ditch Ionic and go back to Angular.

C’mon, guys. You can do better than this.

@damoncasale,

Without seeing some code, we can’t really help. Routing issues are, unfortunately, often a misconfiguration with UI router (which we use underneath).

Can you paste your routes?

I put the relevant code in a pastebin here:

http://pastebin.com/vpNU7ytU

Let me know if you see anything obviously wrong with this.

@damoncasale, take a look at the nested state docs for UI Router: https://github.com/angular-ui/ui-router/wiki/Nested-States-%26-Nested-Views

From what I can tell, this has nothing to do with Ionic proper, but just a mis-configuration of your ui-router routes. Wish I could help more right now but without a running demo it’s hard to say.

I’ll pass it around to some other people here to see if they have any other ideas.

I can’t see anything wrong with your code, and had a similar issue which I resolved (although not entirely sure how).

Does the dashboard.feed route work if you call it from somewhere else?