Best way to deploy non-native mobile web apps?

I’ve built an app intended for deployment to about 150 people and want to make it available directly to web browsers through a static web site. So far I’ve been copying the www directory to a static location on Amazon S3 and serving it from there. Seems to work great.

Is this the way to deploy mobile web apps?

Are there any command-line build options to:

• optimize (package) the www directory
  • obsfucate the content

Thanks in advance.

Just do npm run ionic:build --prod before uploading your www folder.

Thank you. I’m curious - where was that described in the documentation? I tried it just now and it’s not liking my use of Firebase…

npm run ionic:build --prod

> esfr-overtime@ ionic:build /Users/eyejot/development/ionic/Overtime
> ionic-app-scripts build

keywords if/then/else require v5 option
[12:29:37]  ionic-app-scripts 0.0.48-201612291559 
[12:29:37]  build prod started ... 
[12:29:37]  clean started ... 
[12:29:37]  clean finished in 8 ms 
[12:29:37]  copy started ... 
[12:29:37]  ngc started ... 
[12:29:39]  build prod failed: Error encountered resolving symbol values statically. Calling function 'defaultFirebase', 
            function calls are not supported. Consider replacing the function or lambda with a reference to an exported 
            function, resolving symbol MyApp in /Users/eyejot/development/ionic/Overtime/src/app/app.component.ts, 
            resolving symbol MyApp in /Users/eyejot/development/ionic/Overtime/src/app/app.component.ts 
[12:29:39]  ionic-app-script task: "build" 
[12:29:39]  Error: Error encountered resolving symbol values statically. Calling function 'defaultFirebase', function 
            calls are not supported. Consider replacing the function or lambda with a reference to an exported function, 
            resolving symbol MyApp in /Users/eyejot/development/ionic/Overtime/src/app/app.component.ts, resolving

It’s in the Ionic App Scripts project.

The error you’re getting is probably something to do with the Angular Ahead-of-Time template compilation, that’s only enabled with the --prod flag. Although I’m not sure what the fix is.

Most of the forum search results for “lambda” will probably help you with that.

Sadly, they haven’t yet.