Appflow: Error on android deploy

Google Api Error: forbidden: The caller does not have permission - The caller does not have permission

• created service account. downloaded the json and upload to appflow.
  • granted release related access. (Tried Admin also but same issue)

Need help urgently.

Hi kristasoft,

Just for your information, you need to upload your first apk the play store account and your subsequent builds can be automatically uploaded from Appflow. I would like to confirm that you did the same and uploaded the first apk of this app manually. Refer to the docs.

If you are facing any further issues, I would encourage you to contact the Appflow support for further assistance.

Thanks,

We did first deployment manually. Its running in production version.

Not yet resolved this problem. any solution for this?

1 Like

Hi kristasoft,

Can you make sure the service account that you are using has the right permissions and also you are downloading and using the right JSON key from your google play store console.

If you are not sure, I would encourage you to go ahead and assign admin-level privileges to the service account. Then download a fresh copy of the JSON key and then try creating a new destination for the user.

If you are facing any further issues, We would need to take a closer look at your account and it would be helpful if you can raise a ticket with your appflow app ID here Appflow support for further assistance.

Thanks,

We’re facing the same problem.

We managed to get Appflow working with App Store, but when we try to deploy to Play Store, we get the following error:

Authorization failed. Server message: (Signet::AuthorizationError) {“error”:“invalid_grant”,“error_description”:“Invalid grant: account not found”}

We’ve tried everything at this point. Recreated the service account, gave it admin permissions, created an OAuth consent screen just in case, regenerated the .json file, and so on to no avail.

Same thing happening for us:

Google Api Error: forbidden: The caller does not have permission - The caller does not have permission

We can manually upload the AAB and create releases that way, but no luck deploying from AppFlow. Have followed everything specified here, multiple times. Google Play Store - Ionic Documentation

Hi @seifip,
I have the exact same problem and I came across your post here.
have you managed to get passed this problem?

Really appreciate the update.

Looks like a potential bug in AppFlow. We are still facing this issue and we’ve tried all of the above mentioned methods, and nothing seams to work. The problem is only with Play Market.

You also have to add the email created for the service account in Google Cloud Console (console.cloud.google.com/iam-admin/serviceaccounts/) TO Google Play Console > Users & Permissions and in the App permissions tab give it Releases permission

1 Like