App Built on Mac won't build on Windows computer

We developed the app on a Mac, initially. Moved the code over to a Windows 10 machine to compile to run on Windows. However, in the build process I’m getting this error at the end:

MSBuild v4.0 is not supported, aborting.
Error: AppPackages doesn't exists

We’re using Visual Studio Community 2017. I’ve tried installing everything under the sun for VS and I can’t seem to get past this. I’ve read tons of pages and sites, tried everything I can find and no go.

Not sure what to do next. I’ve thought about starting a new app on the Windows machine and just copy my code into and see if that works. It seems like a lot of wasted time to me though.

Thought I should add my Ionic Info

global packages:

@ionic/cli-utils : 1.3.0
    Cordova CLI      : 7.0.1
    Ionic CLI        : 3.3.0

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts              : 1.3.7
    @ionic/cli-plugin-cordova       : 1.3.0
    @ionic/cli-plugin-ionic-angular : 1.3.0
    Cordova Platforms               : windows 5.0.0
    Ionic Framework                 : ionic-angular 3.3.0

System:

Node       : v6.10.3
    OS         : Windows 10
    Xcode      : not installed
    ios-deploy : not installed
    ios-sim    : not installed

Search the forum for your error message, there were multiple people with similar messages.
I think most of the time the solution was to install all the “Windows 10” stuff in the VS installer.

yep, we’ve installed almost everything we can in VS. I’ve read through a lot of the threads with that error, none have really given us a solution though

Technically this is a Cordova error, so you might want to google with cordova instead of ionic, too.
(Cordova has a Slack where there is also a cordova-windows channel - you might try to ask there)

Ah, didn’t know they had a channel. I’ll look into that. Thanks.

Solution at: Building windows 10 App