Hey gang, I’m happy to announce the next in my series of essential plugins for Capacitor 3:
Logger — better, universal logging for apps and plugins. If you are an app or plugin developer, you will want to check this out.
- Does not attempt to monkey patch the Console interface, uses a separate Logger class.
- Set a log level — including silent — for the logger.
- Completely filter out logs based on the log level.
- Logs are not part of Capacitor’s output, you get your own distinct tag.
- Customize the log labels, including using emoji.
- Send logs to the system log on iOS, so you can view a production app’s logs on any device using Console.app.
- Instantiate multiple loggers.
- Logger class is available for use by native plugins and apps!
- Detailed documentation and example code.
Plugin is here: GitHub - aparajita/capacitor-logger: Better logging for Capacitor
Demo app is here: GitHub - aparajita/capacitor-logger-demo