Android Emulator Error

Hi, As I have been following along in the Installing guide chapter 2, I have come across this error:

ERROR : No emulator images (avds) found, if you would like to create an avd follow the instructions provided here: http://developer.android.com/tools/devices/index.html Or run 'android create avd --name --target ’ in on the command line.

Did I miss a step in the installation? Any ideas why I’m getting this error.

Thanks

1 Like

Or type android avd and use the graphical manager to setup an emulator image to work with for running your app on. The graphical tool is fairly straight forward to use.

2 Likes

Very simple, thank you for the help

I’m not so sure that it is “straightforward” to use. It has no help system and it will not give me an active “create” button to create any instances. It seems to be locked down.

The AVD manager in the Android 22 that I installed bears no resemblance to the following:

http://developer.android.com/tools/devices/managing-avds.html

Also, it never activates the “OK” button to enable creation of an AVD instance. It is completely broken?

On Windows.

I have an emulator setup and this used to work. I even have a real device plugged in too but I can’t seem to get ionic to simulate.

WARNING : No target specified, deploying to emulator

/Users/MyUser/Sites/MyApp/platforms/android/cordova/node_modules/q/q.js:126
                    throw e;
                          ^
ERROR : No emulator images (avds) found.
1. Download desired System Image by running: /Volumes/Mac/.android/tools/android sdk
2. Create an AVD by running: /Volumes/Mac/.android/tools/android avd
HINT: For a faster emulator, use an Intel System Image and install the HAXM device driver

ERROR running one or more of the platforms: Error: /Users/MyUser/Sites/MyApp/platforms/android/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 1
You may not have the required environment or OS to run this project
1 Like

encontraste la solucion ?

Have you found a solution to this? I have the avd created but still nothing