Add a Select all to a ionic-select box

Right now we have a multi-select box. They wanted some way to add a select all to it.
I knew the select box used some alert values so my original idea was to add a third button that would toggle the list, either select them all or deselect them all.

Not as easy as I would like. Even though the documentation for ion-select does say it uses the options that alert controller has, there is no way that I can see to add or even change the buttons. (only the title).

Next is adding in an extra row with this.
(ionSelect)="selectAll($event)

As far as I can tell this only gets called when the checkbox is being checked, when it gets unchecked it doesn’t fire.
Is there an easy way to do this?

Not that I’m aware of. I think you would have to completely roll your own.

Not what I wanted to hear.

I do find it strange that (ionSelect) only fires when the item is getting checked. Should this fire both ways?
I guess for some reason my expectation is the user clicks the check box, ionSelect fires either with a true or false or checked or unchecked, some value on what just happen.

Sort of depends on what you mean by “should”. If you mean “is it supposed to work that way?”, no:

// Only emit the select event if it is being checked
   // For multi selects this won't emit when unchecking
   if (selectedOption.checked) {
     input.ionSelect.emit(input.value);
   }

Thanks for the info. I don’t know if that is ionic code? But looking at that it wouldn’t be that hard to add another if statement. I’m assuming checked is a boolean. true for being checked false for being unchecked. I know I’m not seeing the full picture.

The word “no” is a hyperlink.