A demo app using Firebase and Ionic | Expense Tracker

A demo app using Firebase and Ionic to create a sharing roomies expense app.

You can view a demo here : http://www.oriongunning.com/demo/myexpenses/

I will be updating this regularly as my knowledge grows, and more than appreciate anybody helping out and contributing to this project.

The goal would be to have a finished open sourced example application.

ATTENTION : This application is by no means finished and is an ongoing project. :slight_smile:

Features

• Login / Register via Firebase AUTH Basic Navigation Translate
  • Integrated (English / French atm, but you can add many more.)
  • Creating houses, Joining houses, Quitting Houses is now functional
  • Lot’s more to come
11 Likes

After a long & busy 2 months, I finally have time to work on this project again.

• Added Members + Expenses page
  • Improved security
1 Like

I’m struggling with the code a bit, so I decided to take a break and started working on a new theme… Check it out :smile:

Hope the lack of responses in this thread doesn’t deflate your enthusiasm… that is why I wanted to chime in and say that I found your tutorial to be very inspirational when I embarked on my very first Firebase + Ionic project. Nicely explained, great screenshots, and now great inspiration from your new theme.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Hope this encourages more people to contribute to sample and lessons on this great framework.

And to others out there - how about giving some encouragement to people who do things like this? Let’s make the Ionic community a friendly place where courtesy is expressed and not just taken for granted. I am seeing a lot of question threads here that myself among others have taken time to answer, but there is rarely a follow up or a ‘thanks’ from the original poster. I hope that we can all step up a little and encourage other newbies to participate by just showing politeness and courtesy.

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words CyberFerret!

I must admit I was slightly surprised of the lack of responses,anyway luckily I’m self motivated :slight_smile:

About the project, please be aware I’m constantly updating it, so they is probably tons of bugs… Be patient !

2 Likes

I love the design! it matches our school’s color template! haha… i really love it… im making an app right now with the same color template as yours for a school project. I will be posting it soon, I hope copying the color template is ok for you… will leave credits in the css… anyway… nc app! keep it up…

No worries mate!. It’s the whole point :smile:

Good luck!

hi! just a note that while trying out your demo, the registration page hangs… so i really couldn’t see much of it…

thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for spotting that Caro! It should be fixed now. :slight_smile:

Hi, it works in the browser. But still hang there (on the registration page ) when I tested on a android device. I’m not sure whether anybody else I have the same issue with me.

This is a legit cool app. Love it.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, but there’s still a hanging issue when register.
Node Version: v0.10.23
Cordova CLI: 4.2.0
Ionic Version: 1.0.0-beta.14
Ionic CLI Version: 1.3.16

TypeError: undefined is not a function
at k.$scope.createUser (controllers.js:64)
at ionic.bundle.min.js:228
at ionic.bundle.min.js:385
at k.$eval (ionic.bundle.min.js:156)
at k.$apply (ionic.bundle.min.js:157)
at HTMLButtonElement. (ionic.bundle.min.js:385)
at HTMLButtonElement.c (ionic.bundle.min.js:63)
at n (ionic.bundle.min.js:22)
at t (ionic.bundle.min.js:22)
at HTMLDocument.o (ionic.bundle.min.js:22)

It should be working as intended now. Sorry for that!

Hey there. Awesome project. Is it still running, because I can’t login? :slight_smile:

Great app here! I’m planning to create personal finance app and even tho this is using ionic 1, it still give much reference!