2 different working environnment

Hello folks,

I’m managing an App made with Ionic. I usually develop on a PC on W10, but one of my coworker is on a mac. Today I tried to git clone my app on his laptop and this occured :

Error: Missing binding /Users/**/Documents/DEV/Hemat/node_modules/node-sass/vendor/darwin-x64-51/binding.node
Node Sass could not find a binding for your current environment: OS X 64-bit with Node.js 7.x

Found bindings for the following environments:
  - Windows 64-bit with Node.js 6.x

This usually happens because your environment has changed since running `npm install`.
Run `npm rebuild node-sass` to build the binding for your current environment.

What should I do to resolve that conflict, is there a config file somewhere that I should edit?
If I update the node version on my PC will I still be able to run the app I’ve made or will that trigger the same error on my PC as well ?
I assume this is because I’ve included the node_module in my git repository…

Thanks

More than likely because you included node_modules in your repo. Delete the folder and run npm install again, or did you try to run npm rebuild node-sass as it suggested? :slight_smile: Though I would really recommend removing the folder completely from your repo.

Edit: I urge you to remove it from the repo, it does not belong there!

3 Likes

Indeed that was as simple as that, I feel like a fool :slight_smile:
Anything else I should .gitignore ?

• platforms
  • plugins

and any folders generated by your IDE or OS, like .idea, .tmp and what not :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You should use the default Ionic gitignore configuration: https://github.com/driftyco/ionic2-app-base/blob/master/.gitignore

1 Like

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

This is exactly the one I have! I was wondering where I got it … lol