ERROR:Unable to add plugins.Perhaps Cordova version too old

hello all

i had just started exploring ionic framework and followed getting started guide and i got stuck on step 3.
it threw an “ERROR:Unable to add plugins.Perhaps Cordova version too old”.

i have installed the latest node.js, java, and android sdk
and set the environment variable path for all of them
after trying to execute this command using the “cordova platform add android” i get ant error that its not installed …but when i check the ant - version i get the version, also just running the ant command i get Buldfile : build.xml doesnot exist.
so until i solve the ant issue i cannot proceed further
please let me know what am i doing wrong here
regards
sangram

Platform ? Mac, Linux, Windows?
Cordova Version ? Use cordova -v

Are you using the “Getting Started” on the Ionic website? Did you install Ionic ?

@Calendee I am also facing the same isssue and i am working behind proxy.

I have used the above link to download files from github but when cordova is trying to add the plugin, i am getting this error.

Initializing cordova project.
Fetching plugin “org.apache.cordova.device” via plugin registry
ERROR: Unable to add plugins. Perhaps your version of Cordova is too old. Try up
dating (npm install -g cordova), removing this project folder, and trying again.

Cordova version → 3.4.1-0.1.0

I used the Getting started on the ionic website. Meanwhile i tried the same in my home machine. Where in i was able to complete half of my work without any hassle. Any help!

I’m not familiar with proxies. Maybe look at this:

http://software.techassistbox.com/adding-cordovaphonegap-plugins-behind-a-proxy_311053.html

I am sorry, broken link!

hi candee
i am working on windows 7 platform
cordova version is 3.4.1

i was following the getting started guide , i had also installed ionic …but i got stuck with “ant” it does show the ant version …but then it doesnt let me add android for cordova platform.
regards
sangram

You may just want to try the plain-jane cordova commands:

> cordova add platform ios
> cordova add platform android

Try running the ionic start MyApp sidemenu from the git bash console when you installed git for windows. Furthermore, if git bash says that the folder git/plungman in AppData folder (hidden) does not exist and quits then create the folders and it will succeed when you run ionic start this time.

1 Like

Hello, everyone
I have at the same problem
cordova -v -> 3.5.0-0.2.4

after this
ionic add platform android
it’s stop on sutch line “at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:820:5)”

Hello,

I am getting a similar error while running command : ‘ionic start myApp sidemenu’.
Error: Command failed: fatal: could not create work tree dir 'C:\users\xxxx\AppData\Local\plugman\git\xxxxxxxxx: No such file or directory

cordova -v -> 3.5.0-0.2.4

Manually creating the folder ‘C:\users\xxxx\AppData\Local\plugman\git’ worked !

1 Like

Hello,

I’m running Windows 8.1. When I want to create a new app with the command “ionic start (appname) sideMenu” the console says “Unable to add plugins. Perhaps your version of Cordova is too old. Try updating (npm install -g cordova), removing the project folder and trying again.” My Cordova version is 3.5.0-0.2.6. When I delete the appfolder and retype the command I get the same error. Running the cordova install command also gives the same error again and again. My ionic version is 1.1.8.

Hope you guys can help me.

Regards
Ibo van Geffen

This solved same problem for me on Windows 8.1 x64 :smile:

Hello,

Try with using Git Shell, that will solve your problem i think.

Regards!