Crosswalk Whitelist

Hey Ionic Team!

We keep getting an issue with the latest update of crosswalk which has been pushed in the last few days. We have discovered that as of recent, ionic have updated the plugin name from

and renamed it to

This has resulted in a few issues with our existing projects which we have been able to fix, but we are still having issues with the Whitelist functionality. When trying to access a URL, either by adding a web based API or CSS file, or even through org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser we get the following error.

My system information is as follows (but I am running windows 10, not 8.1)

Your system information: OS: Windows 8.1 Node Version: v0.12.1 Cordova CLI: 4.3.0 Ionic CLI Version: 1.3.19

3 Likes
4 Likes

Hey Cyptus,

This is the same workaround we have implemented, but obviously would prefer a solution that doesn’t require framework edits. Thanks for your help :smile:

1 Like

I figured it out! The problem is that in the latest Cordova, they’ve split out the whitelist functionality into its own plugin.

Simply run ionic plugin add https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-whitelist.git
and you’re good!

4 Likes

Hey SM3RKY

i am new to ionic and in my application i have added crosswalk webview, whitelist and i got error that says “URL blocked by whitelist” so i commented on line 204 in “\platforms\android\src\org\crosswalk\engine\XWalkCordovaResourceClient.java”.

then i build and run the app but still i am facing same issue and it is not allowing to access third party api

crosswalk version is 1.2.0
this is my ionic info

Cordova CLI: 5.0.0
Gulp version: CLI version 3.8.11
Gulp local: Local version 3.8.11
Ionic CLI Version: 1.4.4
Ionic App Lib Version: 0.0.20
OS: Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
Node Version: v0.12.3

will you please let me know where i am making a mistake

thanks in advance