What is the right TypeScript config to use Async/Await with VS Code?

I’m using VS Code 1.3.1 and I started a new ionic2 app using the default template. I’m getting several errors when trying to get Async/Await support. I’ve set the compilerOptions to ES6 and I seem to be able to use Async/Await just fine. But when I build my project it emits these errors (but appears to work in chrome).

I’m inclined to think there is something clashing between the es6 shim that came with the default ionic2 project configs, me switching to compile to es6, and typescript in the node_modules.

(Removing the es6-shim from main.d.ts seem to eliminate the errors?)

Errors:
TypeScript error: c:/MyProject/node_modules/typescript/lib/lib.es6.d.ts(1282,5): Error TS2300: Duplicate identifier ‘prototype’.

TypeScript error: typings/main/ambient/es6-shim/index.d.ts(621,5): Error TS2300: Duplicate identifier ‘prototype’.

Update - It looks like my issues might be related to these:

tsconfig.json

{ "compilerOptions": { "target": "es6", "module": "commonjs", "emitDecoratorMetadata": true, "experimentalDecorators": true }, "filesGlob": [ "**/*.ts", "!node_modules/**/*" ], "exclude": [ "node_modules", "typings/main", "typings/main.d.ts" ], "compileOnSave": false, "atom": { "rewriteTsconfig": false } }

typings.json
{ "dependencies": {}, "devDependencies": {}, "ambientDependencies": { "es6-shim": "registry:dt/es6-shim#0.31.2+20160317120654" } }

package.json
{ "dependencies": { "@angular/common": "2.0.0-rc.1", "@angular/compiler": "2.0.0-rc.1", "@angular/core": "2.0.0-rc.1", "@angular/http": "2.0.0-rc.1", "@angular/platform-browser": "2.0.0-rc.1", "@angular/platform-browser-dynamic": "2.0.0-rc.1", "@angular/router": "2.0.0-rc.1", "es6-shim": "^0.35.0", "ionic-angular": "2.0.0-beta.9", "ionic-native": "1.2.4", "ionicons": "3.0.0", "reflect-metadata": "^0.1.3", "rxjs": "5.0.0-beta.6", "zone.js": "^0.6.12", "angular2-jwt": "^0.1.16" }, "devDependencies": { "del": "2.2.0", "gulp": "3.9.1", "gulp-watch": "4.3.5", "ionic-gulp-browserify-typescript": "^1.1.0", "ionic-gulp-fonts-copy": "^1.0.0", "ionic-gulp-html-copy": "^1.0.0", "ionic-gulp-sass-build": "^1.0.0", "ionic-gulp-scripts-copy": "^2.0.0", "run-sequence": "1.1.5" }, "name": "kredup", "description": "KredUp: An Ionic project", "cordovaPlugins": [ "cordova-plugin-device", "cordova-plugin-console", "cordova-plugin-whitelist", "cordova-plugin-splashscreen", "cordova-plugin-statusbar", "ionic-plugin-keyboard" ], "cordovaPlatforms": [] }