Waking up ionicDB when running app!

I’m using IonicDB to one of my start-up project. Sending JSON, Getting JSON etc…

When I run the app, I can’t connect my ionicDB until I open my DB dashboard from “https://docs.ionic.io/services/database/

How can I wake up my database absent the opening dashboard from browser.

Thanks for helping !!!

1 Like

You’re saying that your app can’t call your IonicDB backend until you open the IonicDB documentation?

After logging in ionic cloud and navigate to any app, under the database tab, there is a wake it up button that will activate the DB before one can connect to it. It says

"We noticed you hadn’t accessed your database for a while so we put it to sleep. "

So far i haven’t found any API for activating the Ionic DB but manually do so. The DB will remain open if there is any active connection but shut itself after a while if there is none.

Yes. I can’t connect DB until open IonicDB documentation.

Interesting. Could replicate, didn’t know about this and also could’t find anything in the docs.

Check status on ngOnInit. If “offline” call this.db.connect. This is a workaround intil a better solutions comes.

if (status.type == 'reconnecting' || status.type == 'disconnected') {

let loading = this.loadingCtrl.create({
        content: "Reconnecting ..."
      });
      loading.present();
      setTimeout(()=>{
          this.db.connect();
          loading.dismiss();
      }, 4000);
    }

if(status.type === 'connected'){
      console.log('-- connected --')
    }
1 Like

Same experience here, I have reported the bug to their github: https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-cloud/issues/189

Thanks for the report marcelvr, I also have the same issue and don’t feel comfy using Walgermo code to “fake” a reconnect.

IonicDB will be stopped in June (from Ionic Cloud tab pane).

We wanted to let you know that the Ionic DB beta is ending and we’ve decided not to pursue Ionic DB as a product. While we’re incredibly proud of what we’ve built based on feedback we’ve decided to focus on other aspects of our business. We will be shutting down Ionic DB May 1st, 2017. We are disabling new signups for the service and will be removing documentation shortly. Thanks to everyone who participated in the beta!