VSCode Ionic extension getting error during "Please wait while inspecting project..."

I recently restarted VSCode, now when I click on the Ionic extension icon, I get an error message in the lower right corner.

“Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘p’)”

This is during “Please wait while inspecting project…”

I can still run all the npm commands

I am facing the same issue. Started just few days ago, very strange.

Update : The issue is caused in the new version of the vs code plugin. Just revert back to prev version, till a new update is bought to fix the error.

Thanks, do you know the version number that works?
(I’ve got a few at 1.18.* all released two days ago and then back to 1.17)

Hi @deiondz,

The extension is looking for your XCode project at: /ios/App/App.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
Do your project have this file? perhaps you have @capacitor/ios installed but dont support iOS?

I have been shipping IOS and Android versions of www.chessvis.com using Ionic/Capacitor since January.

Even with this problem, I can use the terminal to execute npm run commands to sync and run the simulator.

After doing the required reload of the Ionic extension to 1.81.5, everything shows up and it works. The output window shows this line twice:

[error] Unable to read privacy manifest of XCode project: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘p’)